The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 154 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton want £50 million. No way we're paying that for CB cover and Smith isn't switching to 3 at back. Some Villa Twitter guy who supposedly was early with Martinez and Barkley says we're signing Joachim Andersen from Lyon who was on loan to Fulham. Wiki says Lyon broke their transfer record in 2019 signing him for €30m so if any truth to it assume we're looking at paying unders and taking advantage of Ligue 1 team's financials
Sound a good shout but we need 4 good CB's, we are unlikely to get through another season with just 3 senior CB's and there is zero coming through.
I get that people think Konsa and Mings are the second comings of McGrath and Laursen Mellberg etc but if we want to progress we need players coming in who will put serious pressure on those two.
We finished 11th and conceded 46 goals in the 23 games that we didn't keep clean sheets most of those were down to Martinez. Lets not kid ourselves we are anywhere near the finished article

Sound a good shout but we need 4 good CB's, we are unlikely to get through another season with just 3 senior CB's and there is zero coming through.
I get that people think Konsa and Mings are the second comings of McGrath and Laursen Mellberg etc but if we want to progress we need players coming in who will put serious pressure on those two.
We finished 11th and conceded 46 goals in the 23 games that we didn't keep clean sheets most of those were down to Martinez. Lets not kid ourselves we are anywhere near the finished article
Hause is a lot better than people give him credit for

Torres centrehalf from Villareal available at £40 mill odd - he'd be OK I reckon
(in a 3 or 2 ).
leave us with another £60 mill odd for one more signing to finish off

Can’t wait for pre season, it’ll be interesting to see where we actually fit Buendia, I think it’ll be that central role with having Jack to swap and change with him.

Keep Traore on the right, but he’s just had surgery on an on going injury that apparently played him up most the second half of the season, we don’t know how he’ll last and I’m not that confident of relying on El Ghazi, perhaps thats where we could move Buendia over to the right and bring through Chukwuemeka/Sanson or even McGinn into a higher position if Traore is ruled out, personally if Pereira really is available for like 15-20m surely we’d be silly not to go for it.

Depends how much we want this 6th place, we’ve got some tough teams to push aside, half hearted efforts or blaming injuries isn’t going to cut it, we saw what happens when Grealish is out for 1/3 of the season.

I've told you before to not do that.

I reread my own article twice knowing full well I never mentioned Walsall but instantly thought I'd made a boo boo.

You're on the naughty step Sil! Git.
Had to be mentioned it's the annual event , sunny, big away win, we all discuss the treble, which Wembley hotels are the best, the underground system in Milan etc

Sinisola to Celtic rumours in some press this morning. Seems he had a good loan spell at Ayr before returning injured. A year or so ago he was touted as the best young keeper in Europe. Surely we wouldn't let a talent that good slip through our fingers, would we? It does follow the loss of that other young keeper, Sarkic, to Wolves last year. We seem to be bringing through some talented keepers at the moment with Onodi lurking in the U23s as well and it would be silly to see them all slip away.

It was reported some weeks ago that there are three pre-season schedules in place, the choice being dependent on which Covid 19 restrictions are in place.

I checked the Premier League friendly schedule yesterday and we’re one of the few yet to announce what we have planned, the majority of teams have announced at least a few, Arsenal while have been slow off the mark transfer wise, they have like 5 friendlies set up, including Hibs, perhaps they don’t want to be embarrassed by us again in pre season, what’s that 4 wins in a row if you count the pre season putting out a strong side🤭

Onto Prowse which is a rumour that hasn’t quite been dropped yet, I wouldn’t say no, I think him being Southampton’s captain wouldn’t harm us having that leadership role through the middle, we might still grind out a deal.

I’m also seeing Liverpool and Man Utd want McGinn for £50m again 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Sinisola to Celtic rumours in some press this morning. Seems he had a good loan spell at Ayr before returning injured. A year or so ago he was touted as the best young keeper in Europe. Surely we wouldn't let a talent that good slip through our fingers, would we? It does follow the loss of that other young keeper, Sarkic, to Wolves last year. We seem to be bringing through some talented keepers at the moment with Onodi lurking in the U23s as well and it would be silly to see them all slip away.

Don’t forget about Pierluigi Gollini we sold a few seasons ago for 4m and now worth 30m+

Status
Not open for further replies.