The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 150 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not young and hungry but plenty of experience

as for Young - meh
wonder if he was one of our exciting targets

I can understand why we are doing this deal but for me it's not exciting and I hope it's not at the expense of one that is.

With regard to Smith Rowe, I would just offer them a straight £40m and give them something to think about as £25m is really an insult.

Good signing, Young, on a free. We have lost some of the older heads from the dressing room, we need that and this one has loads of experience, knows the club and is still - from what I can gather from others I've spoken with, posts on here etc, contributing very well.

Can cover several positions as well.

You need some old heads to help the youngsters through.

Good signing, Young, on a free. We have lost some of the older heads from the dressing room, we need that and this one has loads of experience, knows the club and is still - from what I can gather from others I've spoken with, posts on here etc, contributing very well.

Can cover several positions as well.

You need some old heads to help the youngsters through.
Yep and ready made replacement for Jack. He will then play the left side of midfield.

NRC, the English Ramos! MON never got the best out of him. Did OK under Houllier. Randy let his contract expire when Houllier left, saving a bob or two. He'd add some backbone to our midfield.

:fish: Any takers?

I actually quite liked him to be fair.. I reckon if he'd been coached properly he'd have been a solid asset in the middle.. never was going to be a world beater but couldn't fault his effort.

He would be an excellent signing. I had not taken much notice of him for Southampton apart from his set pieces but he was excellent for England in the warm up game and very unlucky not to have been called up.
Yes a mentioned him last summer but he signed a 5-year deal with Southampton, I didn't even know he could hit a freekick until he scored against us. Now all of a sudden it's the only thing he can do. He's played every game for them the last 2 seasons. Good player and the sort we can get, no reason why we can't

I personally consider both the signings of Smith-Rowe and JWP doubtful particularly Smith-Rowe who will probably sign his new contract and stay loyal to Arsenal.

Ward-Prowse could move IF he indicates that he wants to leave the Saints then it's up to the manager and board?

Just a guess on my part and all part of the transfer merry-go-round that happens every pre-season and something I can't stop watching as much as I say I won't.

Last edited:
I personally consider both the signings of Smith-Rowe and JWP doubtful particularly Smith-Rowe who will probably sign his new contract and stay loyal to Arsenal.

Ward-Prowse could move IF he indicates that he wants to leave the Saints then it's up to the manager and board?

Just a guess on my part and all part of the transfer merry-go-round transfer that happens every pre-season and something I can't stop watching as much as I say I won't.

Southampton normally sell their best players at a price, they hadn't got a pot to pee in January according to haslehuttletooty

I can understand why we are doing this deal but for me it's not exciting .

Not all signings can be exciting. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic. We've lost Elmo, Taylor and Heaton in terms of experience, and Young can actually cover 2 of those positions, was free, has just played a big part in winning Seria A and already knows the club and the area so will have no trouble settling. Absolute no brainer. He's also good on set pieces, something Jack has been crying out for in interviews.

If you want excitement try knocking one out under the table in McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.