The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 140 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was that Yugoslavian player we signed after the mini tournament. He played against Brazil at Villa Park. Sasa something.

We signed him in 2007 so a bit late if it was down to him playing in the 06 world cup. I'm convinced that there were a few brown envelopes full of cash exchanged around his signing as nothing about it made sense. MON only brought in 2 other players from clubs outside Britain during his time at Villa. Guzan as backup to Freidal and Carew.

Then there's this Togo international who keeps getting a contract for 4 years despite hardly ever playing and is only let go after MON has gone. He'd not played for any clubs above German 3rd tier level and didn't afterwards. Something dodgy was going on.
I'm pretty sure MON was a pundit on BBC or ITV in 2006 and feel like when we signed him he cited his performances at the world cup but as you say, he was probably nothing more than a vector for money laundering.

Didn’t we sign Milan Baros after he was top scorer or something at one of the euros? What a bellend he turned out to be

Didn’t we sign Milan Baros after he was top scorer or something at one of the euros? What a bellend he turned out to be
Thought Baros was OK. Not suited to us at the time though. Houllier signed him twice, once for Liverpool, once for Lyon. MON took an instant dislike to him and as soon as he could swapped him for Carew. Not sure that MON was that keen on Carew either. An overrated manager.

Baros had a pretty good career. Retired less than a year ago. Thought he looked class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Baroš

Thought Baros was OK. Not suited to us at the time though. Houllier signed him twice, once for Liverpool, once for Lyon. MON took an instant dislike to him and as soon as he could swapped him for Carew. Not sure that MON was that keen on Carew either. An overrated manager.

Baros had a pretty good career. Retired less than a year ago. Thought he looked class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Baroš

He's still playing in the Czech lower leagues I think. Never really did it for us but I'll never dislike him after he got 2 vs the blues. I'd never seen us beat them before that day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.