The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 174 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Romantic notion I know but I can't see Tammy being thrilled by a move from champions league football to joining us unless there are guarantees of some serious reinforcements coming with him.

Romantic notion I know but I can't see Tammy being thrilled by a move from champions league football to joining us unless there are guarantees of some serious reinforcements coming with him.

Not just Tammy either, we need to convince Grealish, McGinn, Mings and Luiz. I can't see them being too thrilled about staying unless we recruit some quality.

All have new long term deals from last year don't they - they would've had survival bonus or wage boost built in.

I see the Twitterati are beside themselves at the 'fact' Edouard is now joining us from Celtic.

The basis of this is that he played Saturday with no injury but was missing tonight for the big European match. To me this says, yes, he is leaving.....but he doesn't want to be European tied. End of. Move on. This is not our story.

I see the Twitterati are beside themselves at the 'fact' Edouard is now joining us from Celtic.

The basis of this is that he played Saturday with no injury but was missing tonight for the big European match. To me this says, yes, he is leaving.....but he doesn't want to be European tied. End of. Move on. This is not our story.
I'm not convinced he's good enough. Scoring goals for Celtic in the SPL tells you very little. I'd probably be in double figures in that set up

Whilst pissing on fellow fans dreams, might I be so rude as to add Tammy to this. Werner seldom, if ever plays up top by himself. Someone is still needed for that job and after all the money they've now spent, it will fall to tammy more often than not.

I predict the rabbit out the hat. The type of signing that has youngsters clamouring for wiki and you tube videos, closely followed by many claiming they've followed his career closely and can tell you everything about him, cock size and all.

Whilst pissing on fellow fans dreams, might I be so rude as to add Tammy to this. Werner seldom, if ever plays up top by himself. Someone is still needed for that job and after all the money they've now spent, it will fall to tammy more often than not.

I predict the rabbit out the hat. The type of signing that has youngsters clamouring for wiki and you tube videos, closely followed by many claiming they've followed his career closely and can tell you everything about him, cock size and all.
Werner really isn't that good, shocking at the world cup as well.

I'm not convinced he's good enough. Scoring goals for Celtic in the SPL tells you very little. I'd probably be in double figures in that set up
Is that all?

More seriously Celtic have just been knocked out of the champions league qualifiers from a Hungarian team I’ve never heard of. That is genuinely the level of Scottish football, and it’s not even like they have the excuse of being rusty, they’re several games into their season now

Last edited:
I agree, we can't go into the first game of the season with Samatta and Davis never mind trying to get to January with those two and Wesley to come back.

That alone will get us relegated never mind the other positions we need to improve.
samatta scored today so maybe he will come back half decent after a close season

Is that all?

More seriously Celtic have just been knocked out of the champions league qualifiers from a Hungarian team I’ve never heard of. That is genuinely the level of Scottish football, and it’s not even like they have the excuse of being rusty, they’re several games into their season now

Not digging you out directly....because I do it myself with Scottish football...and not going back to Andy Gray, Dalglish, Strachan, McAllister days etc (but I genuinely don't know if they played in the Scots top flight) but McGinn anyone?

How about Frazer Forster, Virgil van Dijk, Henrik Larsson, was it Michael or the other one, Laudrup?

James McFadden, Craig Gordon yes it goes on and on
Odsonne Édouard just been looking at this lad and for a 22 year old he looks pretty good i also noticed he has 11 goals in 6 games for the french u21s he looks good on the ball and isnt a greedy player he looks good at assisting others

Is that all?

Odsonne Édouard missed the game because he is having a medical at villa tomorrow but shhhhh no ones ment to know yet

Not digging you out directly....because I do it myself with Scottish football...and not going back to Andy Gray, Dalglish, Strachan, McAllister days etc (but I genuinely don't know if they played in the Scots top flight) but McGinn anyone?

How about Frazer Forster, Virgil van Dijk, Henrik Larsson, was it Michael or the other one, Laudrup?
Was going to post a follow up but didn’t. Yes Mcginns alright obviously although I’d caveat that by saying he improved by playing for us in the championship which different to jumping straight in to the top level.

Agree with Van Dijk but I think the decent players are fewer and further between compared to previous “eras”. I think some of it comes down to how Scottish football has deteriorated since the Rangers fiasco. Celtic do unearth the occasional gem but the level of opposition is so low it’s hard to judge or get excited by any player records or stats. With this Edouard guy he might be a good player but the is scoring 40 goals against teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc particularly good? Ross Mcormack used to get 20 goals a season in the championship it doesn’t make him a premier league player

If Edouard is scoring 40 goals in the SPL at least it's better than him not scoring 40 goals. We can't afford another player who impresses every time he plays, short of finding the net.