The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 95 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Yeah, as wrong as it sounds when it comes to subsidising wages for a player you've sold (let alone loaned) - at least it's a financial benefit to us, it gets them off the books and it creates tiny extra FFP/wage wriggle room.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get Nassef Sawiris family to buy Brentford, surely they can't be worth more than 50m as a club? Take the players we want transfer Hogan Lansbury Taylor etc to them jobs a good un

He's tasted champions league now, no way he's joining anything lower than champions league clubs.
Move on quickly to a realistic target

Seriously he's tasted a 7-1 humiliation by Bayern, which means Chelsea aren't even at the races in the CL. Which means they will be looking to buy in a few players. So assuming Chelsea think Tammy isn't the right level, which "Champions League " club is going to buy him Man United Liverpool or City? or Bayern, Real Barcs PSG obviously Celtic can't afford his wages

on the logic of this forum where apparently it's all about goals I'd say he's nailed on to replace Firmino at Liverpool as Tammy has scored 15 goals and the shit striker Fermino has only got 9.

I was reading a Brentford fans forum yesterday. They have the highest regard for Watkins and believe he will be a success in the prem.

He is versatile in that he can play on the wing so that's a huge plus and several comments about his positive attitude/leadership qualities.

From what I've read and with Dean's knowledge of the lad I reckon he will be at Villa Park next season.

You heard it here first!

Seriously he's tasted a 7-1 humiliation by Bayern, which means Chelsea aren't even at the races in the CL. Which means they will be looking to buy in a few players. So assuming Chelsea think Tammy isn't the right level, which "Champions League " club is going to buy him Man United Liverpool or City? or Bayern, Real Barcs PSG obviously Celtic can't afford his wages

on the logic of this forum where apparently it's all about goals I'd say he's nailed on to replace Firmino at Liverpool as Tammy has scored 15 goals and the shit striker Fermino has only got 9.
18 goals for Chelsea this season. I can't see him going anywhere and if he did it won't be to us. Harsh I know but that's the reality

Please, no strikers for relegated clubs, Or unproven ones for that matter, that just keeps us in exactly the same position we’re in, can we just buy quality that’s needed instead of ones that are available, I mean if Wilson and King couldn’t keep Bournemouth in the prem, then how are they supposed to propel us up that same league.
Man City spent 40m on Nathan Ake. Can't blame Callum Wilson for the failings of an entire club.

18 goals for Chelsea this season. I can't see him going anywhere and if he did it won't be to us. Harsh I know but that's the reality

We wouldnt be talking about him if he hadn't played for us.
Any team (especially the likes of Chelsea) needs 3 or 4 quality but those strikers will not necessarily all be top top strikers. They will have varying degrees of experience and goals but they will be good quality. Tammy is quality with potential to go further. Note , potential, young enough and time on his side . Absolutely no reason for Chelsea to sell. They won't. Move along.

I’m not, I’m just stating the obvious, don’t you think we have enough Failed strikers.
I dont think Wilson is a failed striker. He got a goal and/or an assist in every one of Bournemouth's first six games. When their season derailed so did his. 14 goals and 10 assists or so 2018/19 season says it all really. I think he missed Fraser last season in a big way.

Last edited:
I dont think Wilson is a failed striker. He got a goal and/or an assist in every one of Bournemouth's first six games. When their season derailed so did his. 14 goals and 10 assists or so last season says it all really. I think he missed Fraser last season in a big way.

I’d like someone who gets us excited for the season ahead, Wilson isn’t that, IMHO

We wouldnt be talking about him if he hadn't played for us.
Any team (especially the likes of Chelsea) needs 3 or 4 quality but those strikers will not necessarily all be top top strikers. They will have varying degrees of experience and goals but they will be good quality. Tammy is quality with potential to go further. Note , potential, young enough and time on his side . Absolutely no reason for Chelsea to sell. They won't. Move along.
More likely to get rid of Giroud.