The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

As there is sweet FA happening at the moment, I have a question. Who do the playmobil characters in the Vital logo represent?

From left to right... (I think)

Nimmo, Young_Jonah?, Me, Jonah, Murph, Fear

I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

Jonah is sadly no longer with us, and the likes of Nimmo, Murph and Young_Jonah only pop on sporadically these days.

From left to right... (I think)

Nimmo, Young_Jonah?, Me, Jonah, Murph, Fear

I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

Jonah is sadly no longer with us, and the likes of Nimmo, Murph and Young_Jonah only pop on sporadically these days.
Cheers Deano! Always wondered that. Condolences for Jonah

Ridiculous thing to say.

I will bang on about my point that none of us know what market we are in , so I don't see any point in getting worked up about it.
I don't know what you're getting arsey about I was using 'you' in a collective sense not talking to you.
Clearly the standards of Serie A have slipped since the 90s and The Bundesliga isn't as strong as the premier league.

The point I was simply trying to make is that 'top' 'proven' players are more likely to be out of our reach for the most part so that means we may have to focus on the so-called 'lesser' leagues.

Watkins has played half his games out wide. Its only this seaon they've played him down the middle. I'd say he is more versatile than Edouard.
And if we buy Watkins as a wide player then great, but we still need a lone striker who is strong, can hold it up, bring others into play *and* score goals. I don't think Watkins is that kind of striker when he does play through the middle is he?

It probably just media bs, but coming from a few sources we've had an initial bid of 17.5 mil rejected for Origi. They are looking to hold out for 25 mil apparently.

I'd be happy with Origi and someone like Watkins as cover. Got to be an improvement over what we've had this season

Can't say I'm big fan of Origi but what can't be denied is that he obviously relishes the big occasions. Does that translate to scoring 15+ goals a season if played regularly though.

Can't say I'm big fan of Origi but what can't be denied is that he obviously relishes the big occasions. Does that translate to scoring 15+ goals a season if played regularly though.
even if we had a striker scoring 10-12 it would be an improvement! If he is under 25 mil, then it isn't a bad deal to me. Much better than 40 as suggested before!

The thing that has always impressed me about Watkins is his intelligence. Turned the money down with us when he signed for Brentford as he wanted regular first team football. Looks like it was a good move by him.

Why would you send Davis out on loan? He only has 1 year left and isn't going to become a premier league player any time soon. Might as well flog him to Walsall and cash in
Give him a new contract and send him out to a championship club, see if he can get a few goals and reevaluate next season. You don't flog 21 year old strikers with premier league experience to Walsall!

The thing that has always impressed me about Watkins is his intelligence. Turned the money down with us when he signed for Brentford as he wanted regular first team football. Looks like it was a good move by him.

If we could get him for a reasonable fee then I'd definitely have him. He'd be an upgrade on all our current forwards and wingers though I'd hope we'd bring in a more experienced striker to be our main man. Though we didn't after signing Wesley though so don't know why I'd expect us to now.

I don’t know if we should go for him but, judging by last season, every game is going to be a big occasion. That should suit him down to the ground.

Give him a new contract and send him out to a championship club, see if he can get a few goals and reevaluate next season. You don't flog 21 year old strikers with premier league experience to Walsall!

What about 22 year olds? :fish:

My point is he's never going to be a premier league quality player. He's league 1 at best so why bother loaning him out when we can sell him for a fee?

P.s. We sold Darren Byfield to Walsall aged 23 after he'd played for our first team.

If they aren't good enough get them gone.

Origi is dreadful - I think that's the main problem with him tbh.
(nah tbf he did score 4 goals last year for the dippers in the prem, none in any of the other comps mentioned).
Someone will overpay to compensate the dippers for their poor recruitment in this case - hope it's not us subsiding them

Maybe we should go for Jack Rodwell for his experience as a Prem League winner ?