The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 337 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Watching Dean Smiths interview yesterday I think the BBC are talking out their arse, He said we're waiting on a few players, so definitely expect a couple more in.

Also we've still got until the 12th of October to bring in players like Benrahma, Rico Henry, Buendia and King because they're in the Championship, so if we do bring in a couple of players from abroad and then we still look a bit thin within the next 3 weeks we've still got a little more time to add more.
Agreed, I believe nothing the BBC says.

I don’t thing Mings ever played with Terry

One hundred percent agree we need a more reliable centre back, even if it’s someone to initially just play back up in case Mings or Konsa go through a bad spell

To be fair with one of the best captains this country has seen for a while in John Terry at both club and international level you would expect Mings and Konsa's game to improve each and every season.

I don’t thing Mings ever played with Terry

One hundred percent agree we need a more reliable centre back, even if it’s someone to initially just play back up in case Mings or Konsa go through a bad spell
I think you may be right, I know his presence was a calming one, was it Engels?

Axel Tuanzebe played with Terry

Wonder if he's worth trying for now?

And as @DeanoVilla has mentioned Smalling as well, great experience, just what we need.

Paper talk says his move to Roma has stalled, Inter Milan (Internazionale) are now interested, wonder if he wants to leave the PL, if not, season long loan with the option to buy would be just swell !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12705692/man-utd-smalling-inter-loan-transfer-roma/

Last edited:
I think our best signing has been Craig Shakespere

Completely agree. For 34 games last season the players were totally under prepared and so obviously not organised into the basics of the system Smith decided to play. I'm hoping that improvement on the coaching side will make them a more cohesive team - couldn't be any more shambolic and disorganised than last season!

I think on the transfer front we've paid over the odds yet again for more promise and potential than actual proven players. They're either unproven or their careers have fallen away and now have to prove themselves all over again.

Even with the new additions I don't think we've got cover, competition or the right quality up front and in midfield - again!

So it looks to me like Shakespeare is going to be vital in getting the most from what we've got and help eek out a few more points than last season.

Even with the new additions I don't think we've got cover, competition or the right quality up front and in midfield - again!

Securing Rashica would make a world of difference, right now its a coin toss for where we want to play Grealish which means it is between playing Trez or Hourihane.

Rashica Watkins Traore
Grealish Luiz McGinn

That is a good midfield and attack, unknown quantities of course but it is direct, explosive and clinical. Sitting in behind then you have 3 players who are very strong on the ball.

Agreed cover and competition still isnt where it needs to be but I do think Hourihane and Trez can give something off the bench. We also might see Wesley be half useful with a few decent players around him too. The man managed 6 goals with our pure shite players.

Securing Rashica would make a world of difference, right now its a coin toss for where we want to play Grealish which means it is between playing Trez or Hourihane.

Rashica Watkins Traore
Grealish Luiz McGinn

That is a good midfield and attack, unknown quantities of course but it is direct, explosive and clinical. Sitting in behind then you have 3 players who are very strong on the ball.

Agreed cover and competition still isnt where it needs to be but I do think Hourihane and Trez can give something off the bench. We also might see Wesley be half useful with a few decent players around him too. The man managed 6 goals with our pure shite players.

Agree with a lot of what you say, although I'd take Buendia over Rashica - he's a cooler ball player and has proved it in the PL.

Possibly, they seemed like they were building up a solid partnership early last season but then Engels got injured & then fell out of favour. I do like Mings and I think Konsa could be a great prospect but central defence is just such an important position which requires so much concentration and positional know-how there’d certainly be no harm in getting someone more experienced in

Possibly, they seemed like they were building up a solid partnership early last season but then Engels got injured & then fell out of favour. I do like Mings and I think Konsa could be a great prospect but central defence is just such an important position which requires so much concentration and positional know-how there’d certainly be no harm in getting someone more experienced in
My only concern with Mings is, he tends to play like he thinks he’s the finished article, every so often I’d feel better if he just launched it over the trinity rd rather than losing it trying to be a smart arse.

Agree with a lot of what you say, although I'd take Buendia over Rashica - he's a cooler ball player and has proved it in the PL.
Presumably after signing Traore who’s mainly a right winger then Buendia isn’t on the radar. I’m surprised no one has bought him off Norwich maybe they want too much for him

Does Mings lose it that often? I don't really understand it when people complain about Mings. Seems to be a popular contrarian opinion. He's an incredibly solid defender, one of a few who would start for practically any other side in the league.
He is a solid defender who makes mistakes and appears sloppy on occasions.

Like both players mentioned, Although we need Rashica's pace on the left, Buendia plays on the right but his best position is probably in the centre whilst the likes of Rashica and Traores does his running for him, He isn't slow but he has short legs and dribbles past people rather than speed.

100% would be the player to replace Grealish as your attacking playmaker whilst investing heavily in other areas, although Jack's staying and unless Buendia would be happy as a sub for Grealish/Traore/McGinn I can't see where he fits into the team, I would like to see him on the bench and fight for a place.

If we don't get another winger for the left you would then be wise to get someone like Buendia/Barkley that type of player in the centre in front of McGinn and Luiz and push Grealish out wide.