The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 322 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Have picked up a whisper that we are showing interest in Burnley's Tarkowski. Got it from a Hammers fan, who reckoned they were maybe and maybe not going to make a bid. My thought is Burnley are just trying to get the Hammers to make up their mind.
Liverpool have set a £14 million price on Origi. But are still up in the air about Grujic and Brewster.
£14 million for Origi could be a cracking bit of business. Would love to see how he would get on as a regular starter in the Prem.

Any thoughts on Callum Chambers ?

Perhaps we want to keep away from players with knee injuries (Didn't stop us with Laursen), only 25 and played really well before being injured in December, Now Arsenal are looking to sell to raise funds as he's unlikely to get back into the first team.

He'll be back in full training by October, Apparently Leeds and Fulham are after him for £12m, One thing is he'll already have a good relationship with Martinez.

I like Chambers so wouldn't be a bad shout at that price.

Still prefer Smalling or Stones though.

Get the feeling Smith isn't interested in any more defenders though, which is a worry considering how brittle we looked at the back last season and how many goals we shipped.
Stones a good shout. Bags of experience playing for a top club and still young.

I'd prefer a quality DM myself and allow Luiz to push up alongside McGinn.
If we want to play with attacking full backs, we need a DM who will drop in almost as another defender. I personally think Luiz looks more natural coming forward with the ball, rather than sitting all the time. Might not be in Deano's philosophy, but I dont see us keeping many clean sheets if we stay as we are.

Have picked up a whisper that we are showing interest in Burnley's Tarkowski.

Tarkowski would be a massive improvement but we'd have to shell out 30MM I'd say. It would be money well spent though. I like Konsa a lot but he will make mistakes this year theres just no way around it. Hause is okay but we're not going to kick on beyond relegation candidates with him as 3rd choice never mind starting.

I'd prefer a quality DM myself and allow Luiz to push up alongside McGinn.
If we want to play with attacking full backs, we need a DM who will drop in almost as another defender. I personally think Luiz looks more natural coming forward with the ball, rather than sitting all the time. Might not be in Deano's philosophy, but I dont see us keeping many clean sheets if we stay as we are.

"a quality DM myself and allow Luiz to push up alongside McGinn. "

I agree

Not right in the head is he, hence not even getting a squad number. Needs to take the plank of wood off his shoulder same as Sterling

Rose seems to have a lot of issues with the game that seem (big word alert) irreconcilable. He was quite happy to jack it all in not long ago, but not for us to take pity and prolong the career of a player who doesn’t want to play, doesn’t have the fight we need and wouldn’t bring anything to the dressing room.

Any thoughts on Callum Chambers ?

Perhaps we want to keep away from players with knee injuries (Didn't stop us with Laursen), only 25 and played really well before being injured in December, Now Arsenal are looking to sell to raise funds as he's unlikely to get back into the first team.

He'll be back in full training by October, Apparently Leeds and Fulham are after him for £12m, One thing is he'll already have a good relationship with Martinez.
Very average player IMO

Just been looking at all the rumours for other PL clubs, what happens is you read the headlines can't be arsed to read the article or who wrote it and it logs in your brain as so and so are after a certain player it then becomes the gospel.

Tarkowski would be a massive improvement but we'd have to shell out 30MM I'd say. It would be money well spent though. I like Konsa a lot but he will make mistakes this year theres just no way around it. Hause is okay but we're not going to kick on beyond relegation candidates with him as 3rd choice never mind starting.

This would be my choice of player, make a real statement Villa , then we sell some fringe players get a few quid and some wages off the payroll

This would be my choice of player, make a real statement Villa , then we sell some fringe players get a few quid and some wages off the payroll

West Ham have already had 30m+ rejected and apparently Burnley are holding out for 50m+ He cost 22m from Lille.