The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 239 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Except the current iwnwers have been with the club for just 2 seasons, as has Dean Smith and pretty much all hhe coaching and ancillary staff.

Yep, and so far following in the footsteps of those before as this window is suggesting.

I don't want to hear people talking about being ambitious, I want to see it. As I said before, there's still a month left in this window so things could happen, but that always seems to be the hope as the window goes on.

perhaps we could throw Wesley into the deal , you know 20m cash or 25m and Wesley

Apparently our bid of 21m has been accepted.

21m for a player who scored 8 goals in 41 matches I believe and is 28 already, I'd like to know what his shot to goal ratio is, if it's poor and he isn't getting the chances then fair enough but from what I've heard he is also injury prone.

Surely we can get a better striker for 20-25m ?

Throwing this out there, Daniel Sturridge is a free agent this summer and has only just turned 31 a few days ago, apparently he received a 4 month ban back in March for betting rules but has still been highly prolific in Turkey, so I'm sure that ban is over now.

News in saying Guilbert could be off to Nantes and already in talks.

Who knows perhaps Nantes was already in for Guilbert and it just made more sense to us to get Cash as a better replacement and adding another homegrown player.

I don't get the Guilbert love, other than his effort, so I'm hoping that's true.

Apparently our bid of 21m has been accepted.

21m for a player who scored 8 goals in 41 matches I believe and is 28 already, I'd like to know what his shot to goal ratio is, if it's poor and he isn't getting the chances then fair enough but from what I've heard he is also injury prone.

Surely we can get a better striker for 20-25m ?

Throwing this out there, Daniel Sturridge is a free agent this summer and has only just turned 31 a few days ago, apparently he received a 4 month ban back in March for betting rules but has still been highly prolific in Turkey, so I'm sure that ban is over now.

At some point we've got to get one of these c£20m striker purchases right but we haven't yet, fingers crossed Wilson is the answer but he's a bit pretty and tattooed for me to believe it before I see it.

Sturridge is absolute poison.

At some point we've got to get one of these c£20m striker purchases right but we haven't yet, fingers crossed Wilson is the answer but he's a bit pretty and tattooed for me to believe it before I see it.

Sturridge is absolute poison.

Sturridge started at Villa many moons ago and from Birmingham so I just thought perhaps he would settle in pretty quickly, Get into his head and make him prove he still has it and remembered for being one of the best.
If he is still arrogant and cocky and likely to have a bad influence then I agree, but from what I've heard West Ham and Everton are eyeing him up, It would allow us to get rid of some of that deadweight and still bring in another striker as well.

Would you definitely say no knowing that he could be fully fit and has a record of scoring every other game, unlike Wilson who scores every 4th game.

What do you know of him for that opinion, I can't say i've paid that much attention to him other than knowing he knows where the goal is.

We piss around trying to buy chumps players yet the dingles spend £35m on a 18 year old portugese striker.
Tbf, 3 goals in 21 last season, might be a great talent but it's a lot for someone like that. Joao Felix was is supposed to be the next Ronaldo and he was garbage at Atletico last season. I'd be surprised if Fabio Silva delivers big for them this coming season at least.

I'm sure it's been said before, Sturridge only comes into anyone's thinking if his baseline salary is pay as you play with normal bonuses on top. Let him demonstrate he believes in himself to succeed and stay fit and not only does he agree to pay as you play, it's a 12 month rolling contract that we can cancel at any time or extend automatically for the following three years.

If he backs himself like that, I'd take a punt on him.