The Stoke City (H) Thread | Vital Football

The Stoke City (H) Thread

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Posting as a neutral, to my non-knowledgeable eyes that was two points dropped against Wendy.

This Wednesdays game against the clay-heads is a must win for you folks.

Stoke are not going anywhere this season, in fact barring an almighty collapse they may be thinking of their beach towels already. Three points would begin to cement a play-off spot you reckon?

Wendy were the form team of the division, unbeaten in 7 (now 8). I forecast a draw albeit a 2-2 scoreline. Stoke will come and park the bus, hope to nick one on the counter and kick anything that moves in midfield. Anything not moving will also be kicked.... just in case. Exactly the type of play we don#t seem capable of handling. 1-1 draw I reckon.

"Anything not moving will also be kicked.... just in case.":lol:

That made me laugh. Hadn't realised about SWFC - used to looking way, way down the football pyramid these days. :cry:

Hope for a strong referee by the looks of things.

Incidentally, I saw Mr. Rowett on Sky tasling about the Blues v Villa Derby. Would many (any) Derby fans have him back as gaffer?

I know of one...... if his comments on another forum are to be believed. He only comes out of the woordwork when we lose so he has been on a roll of late. September, October, November he hardly posted at all. Always OTT comments on Lampard being crap, Mel Morris, our owner being bloody useless despite citing his major crime to be having given the managers he has employed too much money (one that made me laugh)etc etc etc

I got the draw right but it was 0-0, not the 1-1 I predicted. Butland MOTM and the only reason they got a point. I have to say that Stoke were nowhere near as physical as they were in the game at theirs earlier in the season. Kudos.

I got the draw right but it was 0-0, not the 1-1 I predicted. Butland MOTM and the only reason they got a point. I have to say that Stoke were nowhere near as physical as they were in the game at theirs earlier in the season. Kudos.

Think they were there normal physical selves on the night. Certainly, the foul near the box on the youngster for the Rams by Williams deserved a sending off, it was an elbow and no eyes on the ball at all. The shoves in the back in midfield needed a firmer ref to be of any use to Wilson and Holmes......................But I digress, Derby just were not good or quick enough to unlock a stubborn Stoke defence. Starting the game with Waghorn on his own up front was for me a mistake, ok we were not overrun in midfield but that was only because Stoke had come to defend deep and hit on the break, as most teams now do against Derby at home. We need a plan B, and maybe C and D to progress. Hopefully, the re-introduction of Mount after the International break could help but I really think we have now missed the boat for promotion and even the play-offs.

There were the odd instance of Stoke doing a Stoke, agreed Bloomer. However, they normally clatter everything that moves, they weren't that "ugly" this time. Maybe they are getting more selective ;)

Latest Rams News