The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

Well whilst I would have loved us to get a Mancini, Favre or Rodgers it was always unlikely to happen. Pulling my head out of the clouds, I think Gerrard was as good a choice as anyone else we've been seriously linked with.
People call Scotland a 2 team league (and it is), but when he got the job it had become a 1 team league, so don't think we should underestimate the job he did there in getting them back to the top. They even went unbeaten the season they won the league.
The Liverpool shite in the media will be tedious, but I think he's wise enough to try and avoid all that and hiopefully after the first meeting Sky/BT will be bored of it too.
Also the last 2 Scouse managers Villa have appointed (might be the only 2 actually) have given us the best football I've seen in all my years watching Villa

Great move - handled the sacking of Smith well - who was given enough time IMO - and used the international break and made a swift appointment. Definitely shows ambition taking the Rangers manager with them in a very good place, hopefully we can kick on now and maybe get 1/2 signings in during January that Gerrard will want. Not in the bottom 3 and the players will have to prove themselves who I feel had gone a bit stale

Steven Gerrard said: “Aston Villa is a club with a rich history and tradition in English football and I am immensely proud to become its new Head Coach.

“In my conversations with Nassef, Wes and the rest of the Board, it was apparent how ambitious their plans are for the club and I am looking forward to helping them achieve their aims.

“I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everybody associated with Glasgow Rangers for giving me the opportunity to manage such an iconic football club. Helping them secure a record-breaking 55th league title will always hold a special place in my heart. I would like to wish the players, staff and supporters the very best for the future.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/11/villa-announce-steven-gerrard-as-head-coach/

The Daily Mail so very predictable. The Liverpool legend to make his return to Anfield in a few weeks time.
It's all about him already.

should we have gone for just Beale. this 2and half year contract don't sit well like he's waiting for Liverpool coming calling will he go half hearted when we face them. Was excited as he's more well known in Football world so Might attract better players

The Daily Mail so very predictable. The Liverpool legend to make his return to Anfield in a few weeks time.
It's all about him already.

There's a lot of plastic scousers out there unfortunately. They will be gobbling all this tripe up. The game will be out the way in a few weeks and then hopefully they'll move on to something new