The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

Although I would have obviously preferred a better experienced manager, I am willing to support any one as long as I am seeing most importantly, effort, followed by improvement in defence and then focusing on creating a effective attacking style of play using the left, right and center to create chances as a team instead of only the left while Jack was here. I am happy that he has brought his entire backroom staff esp Beale and McCallister as I did not want to see Gerrard or any other manager here without the people who are actually responsible for the development of an entertaining style of play at their previous club, which was what happened when Dean was here. I saw his passion when he was a player and to some extent even as the Rangers manager, along with hearing an audio clip of his fantastic response to a reporter where he told her to stop asking stupid questions, and now this interview extract where he spoke well and impressed me. It seems as though he won't tolerate at the very least lack of effort and BS, and hopefully will let the players see his own determination to succeed which will inspire them to want to follow in his footsteps in terms of career success.I want to get excited but as some have already said, he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk? Remains to be seen, so let us see what he delivers given enough time. Hoping that this isn't another disappointment.....

That video of him walking out with the note in his hand. Absolutey hilarious. Imagine if Smith did that .lol.

Steven Gerrard walking out at BH in an Aston villa training kit is a strange look and will take some getting used to.

Just watched it. What I would expect any new manager to say to be honest. All the necessary PR boxes ticked, facilities, fans, players , give my all for the club etc.

Now, moving on from the necessary PR he has to do …..as my forever favourite BFR used to say ….

Don‘t tell me show me.

Nice to see Trez back training, I think his energy may prove invaluable if Gerrard likes his forwards to press without the ball. And it looked like Axel was trying to stare him down 🤣🤣
Yep, thought Trez looked lively as well, so his rehab seems to be doing fine.

Gerrard looks as though he could play again with no trouble, not a bad example to set the players. Beale looks as though he's been on the pies; wonder why some coaches let themselves go, they're in the ideal environment not to. Gary Mac looks pretty fit.

Yep, thought Trez looked lively as well, so his rehab seems to be doing fine.

Gerrard looks as though he could play again with no trouble, not a bad example to set the players. Beale looks as though he's been on the pies; wonder why some coaches let themselves go, they're in the ideal environment not to. Gary Mac looks pretty fit.
Was that Beale who looked like he'd got the ball stuffed up his top? So many new faces 🤯