The Stadium! | Page 99 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

New website launched yesterday that sell matchday hospitality tickets for the new Spurs stadium available for purchase now. Also got match reviews, news, previews, forums, history loads of cool stuff. Even have an offer on atm for discounted tickets... check it out here http://bit.ly/spurs-new-stadium

Thanks 80 . That is really fascinating . I've learnt a lot by watching this build over the last few months , even down to how cranes build themselves to the required height and then disassemble themselves. There ain't 'arf been some clever bastards .

Wow. I did read it will take in the region of four to five weeks. According to Chris Cowlin on you tube it was supposed to start on the first of March so there may have been a slight delay . He has posted a video in the middle of this week (just gone ) that shows them installing one
glass panel in the new West Stand main entrance . Shows how painstaking it all is

Blue seats being installed , photos on Spurs official Twitter account . Spurs Shop will open in July it has been announced , but as yet not officially by Tottenham

Just saw an ad on Bloomberg for the new Smart Stadium. Here comes the branding!!!!!!!!!!

Are there any eco features on the new stadium ? Solar panels, turbines etc . That roof you would think lends itself to such things.

There are loads of energy saving features in the new stadium, as we've always got one eye on trying to do whats right, as this showed last year:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...al-centre-and-nature-reserve-at-a3547326.html

This one made me laugh though....

http://www.ecoprod.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-case-study/

This suggests we are far more energy efficient that le arse, but some enviromentalists have said we didn't/don't go far enough...but we will still end up as the most sustainable stadium in the PL:

Tottenham
As with the other football clubs mentioned, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club also expresses their environmental and sustainability policies on their website. Back in 2010 Tottenham Hotspur made conscious decisions regarding purchasing, waste disposal, travel and energy use in order to achieve a 10% cut in emissions as part of the 10:10 campaign which aimed to cut 10% of Britain’s carbon emissions by 2010.
Featured linkTottenham Hotspur Environmental Policy

Since 2010 however, with White Hart Lane being dismantled, all focus is on the new stadium. Controversially it has been reported that the new stadium will only get a small amount of energy from renewable sources, breaking the Haringey councils planning policy. However the club refuted these claims saying the new stadium will be one of the most energy efficient stadiums in the UK, with carbon emissions 50% lower than that of the nearby Emirates Stadium.
The lack of on-site renewable technology is because the stadium will connect to new District Heating Network across North Tottenham.
The stadium is also reportedly using sustainable materials, construction methods, energy efficient utilities and the design aims to minimise heating and cooling demands.

https://thehub.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/articles/sustainabilityinfootball

Last edited:
I was thinking more of power generation as opposed to conservation. I have seen fields of angled solar panels so it must be commercially profitable instead of growing rape seed !!. That roof and the whole structure is huge . My vision is of wind turbines on the roof and solar panels all round Inc the roof.

I just need to know it was not possible or viable.

It's far away from anything that I know , but what I do know know is that anything is possible but ........... I would think the weight , accessibility for maintenance , the amount of power generated from such a small area, loss of natural light entering the stadium , costs of installation and purchase of equipment , the monetary return against investment , all make it very highly not viable

I was thinking more of power generation as opposed to conservation. I have seen fields of angled solar panels so it must be commercially profitable instead of growing rape seed !!. That roof and the whole structure is huge . My vision is of wind turbines on the roof and solar panels all round Inc the roof.

I just need to know it was not possible or viable.

Friends of the Earth tried to make the same argument at the time of the planning application - all their energy creation schemes were shown to be totally impraticable and worse of course, completely unreliable as a sustainable solution.

Noticed that huge scaffold structure that provided the lifts (adjacent to the main entrance) is being taken down . Can only be a positive move in the construction programme . Must mean that all the internal elements are in place

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>