The Stadium! | Page 156 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

I should have stuck my house on that result today , most of us saw it coming and guess what, yeah, it happened.

Same old Spursy Spurs.

Except it's off the back of a 'successful' season where our best players have been played into the ground and had the injuries to prove it.

It was forecastable, but it was because they were/are mentally and physically fcuked.

And that's the fault of the club/Poch and of course the number of high intensity games we've had to play.

I ve read that the pitch has been dug up and relaid , on a different sub base , to alleviate the slipping and sliding that happened last season .
This was on another forum so I cannot substantiate it , but it did appear to be a problem.

From the outside at street level the architecture looks fussy and disjointed. The surrounding buildings intrude on its lines. The panels break up the shape. There is no statement feature or focul point like Wembley's arch for example. Then at night let's make it look like a Christmas tree or a multi coloured advent calendar with all its flaps open.

It's verging on bling ugly. The inside is great but the outside is a let down for me.

From the outside at street level the architecture looks fussy and disjointed. The surrounding buildings intrude on its lines. The panels break up the shape. There is no statement feature or focul point like Wembley's arch for example. Then at night let's make it look like a Christmas tree or a multi coloured advent calendar with all its flaps open.

It's verging on bling ugly. The inside is great but the outside is a let down for me.
Bet you can’t wait for the three ,( or is it four) tower blocks, hotel and diving centre to be built . Ha ha

Bet you can’t wait for the three ,( or is it four) tower blocks, hotel and diving centre to be built . Ha ha

Seriously Walt, take a look at the Qatar WC stadiums . Design wise on a different level. I know people have died and they have virtually unlimited funds to throw at them but I am looking purely aesthetically.

Seriously Walt, take a look at the Qatar WC stadiums . Design wise on a different level. I know people have died and they have virtually unlimited funds to throw at them but I am looking purely aesthetically.
Nick , I haven’t seen the the Qatar stadiums ,and , to be honest , I hadn’t even thought to look but I will now .
I understand that we all see things differently . Ours was built with a lot of future proofing and many add ons which are still ongoing . It can also be completely changed for minimal outlay and very quickly in the scale of things .
Beauty , someone said , is in the eye of the bank manager , sorry .... beholder .

Nick , I haven’t seen the the Qatar stadiums ,and , to be honest , I hadn’t even thought to look but I will now .
I understand that we all see things differently . Ours was built with a lot of future proofing and many add ons which are still ongoing . It can also be completely changed for minimal outlay and very quickly in the scale of things .
Beauty , someone said , is in the eye of the bank manager , sorry .... beholder .

Exactly , we couldn't throw as much money at it and I understand that. I'm just saying it as I see it without any bias . Our stadium is impressive in the context of the limitations but it's not a thing of beauty IMO.

THe 35 to 40 million a year from AIA will roughly cover the costs of financing the stadium which will be around 25 million in debt repayment and 20 million in interest costs per year.

Add in the revenues from the additional events such as the NFL, concerts and whatever else runs at the new stadium and we're in REALLY good shape.

Levy just announced that we would be improving the team on the pitch when the AIA deal was announced.

OH HAPPY DAYS!

40m a year seems the going rate for the big clubs these days. We are closing the gap on the Chavs, gooners, and scouse like some of us said would happen.

We ain't catching the Manchester boys anytime soon but we knew that would take decades to achieve.

Will help keep the commercial side of things going in Asia too.

40m a year seems the going rate for the big clubs these days. We are closing the gap on the Chavs, gooners, and scouse like some of us said would happen.

We ain't catching the Manchester boys anytime soon but we knew that would take decades to achieve.

Will help keep the commercial side of things going in Asia too.

It's the third biggest shirt deal in the Prem.

Where we have to improve is the commercial revenues where we have always lagged in the growth dept; if we can improve that at the scale I expect - then all talk of the finance dragging us down will disappear faster than 80's debit card at the bar!