The Stadium! | Page 155 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Well it is an absolute monster of a stadium! Last night was really, really special. Lots of tears around us during the opening ceremony but the noise is something else. When that south stand get into full voice it is an assault on the ears.

Honestly one of the best nights of my life. Met Pat Jennings too, so I was chuffed about that.

Fabulous night .Spurs have gone up a level with this brilliant stadium.Congrats to Levy for his perfectionism & dogged determination.This is a lasting legacy .Let's hope investment in the team follows or else we will be 'all dressed up with nowhere to go' in a manner of speaking.Shame about the fromagerie,I shall have to bring my own cheese sarni's now.

I'm surprised about the sheer amount of moaning on facebook etc. about last night though. It's a typical mixture of traditionalists not liking change, grumpy idiots who can find fault in anything and a modern classic "for this amount of money I should be getting..." moan. The last one is in some ways understandable but things change and move on and some people just cannot deal with it.

And there are a lot of people complaining about the atmosphere. Personally I thought it was rocking but I also understood that everyone was still a bit on edge because of recent form and it was all quite a lot to take in.

Levy has knocked this one out of the park for me. With the training facilities and now the stadium, this is the moment we've been building up to. NOW we start the next phase and push on.

We can unpin this thread now!!!!
Or leave it pinned until the start of next season . A lot of posters will be paying their first visits and discovering different things ,and a lot of work will still be taking place during the close season . This is still technically a building site as can be seen with the works enclosure in Park Lane . There is still a hotel , Deep diving tank, three tower blocks ,Sky walks , abseiling and Skybar to finish, and open, as well as the demolition and redevelopment of the surrounding areas of the Goods Yard , Worcester Avenue, and the Love Lane and White Hart Lane station all of which contribute to the 1 billion pounds that is constantly thrust to the forefront of the stadium news

One thing that surprised me is the amount of space around the pitch which is far greater than it looked in the photos available before the opening and the concerns about taking corners proved unfounded.
What did they do with the “ drop-off “ at the corner areas ? It seemed to disappear like magic . I know there are ‘flaps ‘ all around the pitch that raise to let the playing surface to move , but don’t know if they move up horizontally for the games

I think there was still a severe slope by the corner flag, we just didn't see it's impact as Rose took corners from LHS and Eriksen from RHS, thus both had the run up along the bye line (out swingers). We may have noticed it more if their roles were reversed.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up for the evening game against Brighton[it was our lowest turn-out last season at Wembley].The Brighton end is sold out. I'm travelling up boat,train,aeroplane & camel for my first time! I'm hoping for a full house to celebrate my arrival.