The Stadium! | Page 134 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Rumours and those supposedly ITK are reporting test events on 30 Dec and 6th Jan with manure as first game . All to be announced very soon . ............don't shoot the messenger

Had a big birthday this summer. My family have clubbed together together buy me a full Stadium tour. Got my vouchers yesterday so just have to pick the date once they are available. The Tour includes the ‘Sky Walk’ etc. So might change my nom de plume to “WelshTel Skywalker”. Really looking forward to it. I hope I can combine it with a match day.

Wow ........that's brilliant , nice one mate .
What a fantastic birthday present to have

Ive got a big birthday next September , might just start dropping hints .

Test event delays may stop Spurs playing at new stadium until February
exclusive
Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent
December 10 2018, 5:00pm, The Times
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F6a8b2544-fc91-11e8-9a88-fa81ced0c139.jpg

Spurs are having difficulty staging the test events needed in order to gain a safety certificateJohn Walton/PA Wire
Save

Tottenham Hotspur are facing a further delay to the opening of their new stadium due to difficulties staging test events over the Christmas period.

The club must hold several different events in order to gain a safety certificate, and are preparing to welcome 6,000 fans selected by a ballot for a tour of the ground this Sunday, but are struggling to fit in the larger events in time to meet their preferred opening date of the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13.

Tottenham had provisionally scheduled test events for successive Sundays on December 30 and January 6, but the first date in particular is proving problematic due to a shortage of staff and police resources in the build-up to the new year.

Metropolitan Police manpower is already stretched by the London derby between Crystal Palace and Chelsea taking place that day and it is understood that Tottenham have altered their plans. The Times has seen photographs from the club’s operations room at the new stadium, including a seven-week daily planner detailing the work that needs to be done by various contractors starting on November 26 and leading to the proposed opening date of January 13, but that is now being revised.

Tottenham are making good progress after numerous setbacks, but the inability to open against United could set them back by almost a month due to a quirk of the fixture list. The club’s next Premier League home game is not until the visit of Watford on January 30, which being a Wednesday night on the eve of transfer deadline day is hardly the ideal date for such an occasion, so the opening could be put back further until the Newcastle game on the following Saturday, February 2.

Tottenham have not publicly confirmed their plans for home matches beyond the Wolves game at Wembley on December 29, and are expected to issue an update later this week after the Barcelona game. Being drawn away to Tranmere or Southport in the FA Cup third round has helped them, although a home fourth-round tie on the weekend of January 26 and 27 could present them with another dilemma.

Spurs confirm United game will be at Wembley instead of new stadium
updated
Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent
December 12 2018, 5:00pm, The Times
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd953a58c-fe03-11e8-92e0-7fb8092617eb.jpg

United met Spurs at Old Trafford in August but the return fixture will not be at Tottenham’s new stadiumCLIVE MASON/GETTY IMAGES
Save

Tottenham today confirmed a further delay to the opening of their new stadium with next month’s Premier League match against Manchester United switched to Wembley, as revealed by The Times earlier this week. In a statement the club claimed to be making good progress rectifying the problems with critical safety systems that have caused the opening of their rebuilt ground to be delayed by at least five months, but have yet to schedule the test events required to gain a safety certificate.

Tottenham had provisionally planned test events for December 30 and January 6, but as reported in The Times they have been postponed leading to another delay of almost a month in opening the stadium, with United’s visit on January 13 now taking place at Wembley. The club’s next Premier League home game after United is not until the visit of Watford on January 30, which being a Wednesday night on the eve of transfer deadline day is hardly the ideal date for such an occasion, so the opening could be put back further until the Newcastle game on the following February 2.

Chairman Daniel Levy thanked the fans for their patience in continuing to support them at Wembley, albeit in dramatically diminished numbers, but offered no guarantees as to when the new stadium will finally be ready. Around 6000 supporters selected by a ballot will be given a tour of the stadium this Sunday to test the club’s ticketing system, but no major test events have been confirmed as yet. The club are planning to issue a further update which they hope will include details of two test events in the week beginning January 7, giving them three weeks to stage two matches if they want to open for the Watford or Newcastle games.

“We are acutely conscious that we are asking fans to go to Wembley for far longer than any of us wanted to,” Levy said in a statement. “However we are now seeing the progress that we needed to see.

“What I don’t want to do is set any firm dates until we have finally achieved a safety certificate. So many people tell me to look at other major schemes that run late and, whilst I know it happens often, we are still hugely frustrated.

“It is important, however, to recognise the sheer complexity of the scheme. It will be one of the first fully-integrated digital stadiums and will also be required to meet the latest and most stringent safety regulations.

“Once again I want to apologise to fans and to thank you for your ongoing support. We have a busy time ahead both on and off the pitch, particularly after last night’s amazing qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League. What a memorable night. I should also like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families well over the festive break.”

If he just said from the word go it won't be till next season most fans would have been okay with that.

No good him now saying we have to understand the complexity of the project. Most of us are not stupid we do get that it's complicated and huge.

Most of us said opening for this season was ambitious.

If it's good for February I'm ok with that. Be nice to break it in with a game or two before the CL clash.

Club once again showing they're out of touch by making United a category A game. Considering last few games have been half empty you'd think they'd get the hint people don't like paying through the nose for Wembley when they were promised WHL 2.0

If it's good for February I'm ok with that. Be nice to break it in with a game or two before the CL clash.

Club once again showing they're out of touch by making United a category A game. Considering last few games have been half empty you'd think they'd get the hint people don't like paying through the nose for Wembley when they were promised WHL 2.0

There smarts seem to have deserted them, so the fans will now too; they're making this so much harder than it needs to be.

If he just said from the word go it won't be till next season most fans would have been okay with that.

No good him now saying we have to understand the complexity of the project. Most of us are not stupid we do get that it's complicated and huge.

Most of us said opening for this season was ambitious.

Of course it was complex, but made more complex due to incompetence by contractors installing the wiring. Without that problem I guess we would be in.

Of course it was complex, but made more complex due to incompetence by contractors installing the wiring. Without that problem I guess we would be in.
From what I have read / ,gathered, the wiring / critical safety system is the only problem , without that aspect we would have been in by now . Nobody seems to have put their hands up and taken responsibility for it so as you are the only one I know that has had an input to the site s electrics I'm putting you firmly in the frame Nick :wahey:

From what I have read / ,gathered, the wiring / critical safety system is the only problem , without that aspect we would have been in by now . Nobody seems to have put their hands up and taken responsibility for it so as you are the only one I know that has had an input to the site s electrics I'm putting you firmly in the frame Nick :wahey:

I said it at the time. Everything I touch turns to shit so it was inevitable. The connectors were supplied by a company in Northampton to Edmunsons Electrical very close to the stadium. The guy said I could have taken them straight to the site as that's where they were going. Thank goodness I didn't, could have been worse.

I said it at the time. Everything I touch turns to shit so it was inevitable. The connectors were supplied by a company in Northampton to Edmunsons Electrical very close to the stadium. The guy said I could have taken them straight to the site as that's where they were going. Thank goodness I didn't, could have been worse.
Brilliant ! Forethought and consideration ! Well done mate

There smarts seem to have deserted them, so the fans will now too; they're making this so much harder than it needs to be.

I saw that we are still the 4th highest ticket cost in the PL despite being at Wembley.

That is a joke.

If it wasn't that problem no doubt another would have came up.

Mistakes happen when rushed. As it's a huge project I'm sure more will be found. I wouldn't be surprised if loads have been found out but have been kept quiet.

Anyway it is what it is. The sooner we get in the better.

If you think about it they have to pay for Wembley, that is an additional cost that they would not normally have to shell out. I guess you could also argue that the additional cost should be offset by increase capacity, but if we are 4th behind 3 other London clubs can we really say they are over charging.
Incidentally does anyone know what Wembley charges?