The Stadium! | Page 100 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Looking at the current position of the stadium, does anyone have knowledge about where we are on the timescale? Will we make the date of the season opening game? Or is that too much of an ask?

Tottenham could return to Wembley for part of next season

Click to follow
ES Sport

tottenhamstadium1505abcd.jpg

Home front: Tottenham’s new ground takes shape but may not be ready for August (PA)

ES Football Newsletter

or register with your social account

I would like to recieve news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email
Already have an account? Log in

Premier League chief Richard Scudamore holds the key to Tottenham’s hopes of starting next season at Wembley before moving to their new stadium.

Spurs are considering playing a run of home games at the national stadium if their 61,500-seater ground is not ready for the start of the campaign.

To play in two different home stadiums in the same season, Spurs would need permission from the Premier League board of executive chairman Richard Scudamore and non-executive directors Kevin Beeston and Claudia Arney. Ultimately, the decision is likely to come down to Scudamore, who has a good relationship with Daniel Levy and has held talks with the Spurs chairman over the club’s plans for next season.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

Other Premier League clubs would not have a say in the decision, which could provoke anger if it is perceived Spurs are being given special treatment.

Tottenham will reject all approaches for Pochettino

Spurs’ option to spend the whole of next season at Wembley expired last month but they have until the end of May to tell the FA if they want to continue at their temporary home for the start of the new campaign — one of the contingency plans agreed when they signed the deal with the FA last year.

Three-thousand workers are operating around the clock and the club are keeping their options open in the event of unexpected delays.

Spurs have already confirmed the possibility that they could start next season with a run of away matches, just as Liverpool and West Ham did in 2016-17 and 2017-18 respectively. The Premier League are reluctant to grant Spurs more than three consecutive away games.

In Pictures | Work continues on Tottenham's new stadium

tottenhamNPASBenson1405a.jpg

tottenhamNPASBenson1405b.jpg

tottenhamNPASBenson1405c.jpg

totstad0218h.jpg

Tottenham’s only confirmed fixture commitment at their new ground is the NFL game between Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders on October 14 but the club insist that it will not be the first fixture at their new home.

I'm guessing that if the public and playing areas are completed and safe , then all the external work just carries on as a building site . Obviously the hotels and tower blocks are a few years away from completion so it all looks a bit worse than it is.
The external lift construction has been dismantled for some time now which can only mean that all the heavy bits on all floors are in place and therefore near completion.
I fail to see how they can sell season tickets , which aren't cheap, for matches that , if you believe the rumours from the press, may take place at Wembley still . I would have thought that would create a logistical nightmare , .
Only last week we had an announcement that test events were to be held in August .
Somebody must know that construction deadlines are being met or not , it ain't rocket science to look at the programme of works that had to be drawn up , discussed ,agreed and adapted as time progressed and new forecasts issued .they must be on target otherwise the Wembley option would not have been allowed to lapse

Report on Newsnow quoting Richard Keys that costs have reached the £1 billion mark and therefore expect sales of top players leading to Poch’s departure.

Leaving aside the doomsday prediction, if the cost figures are true you have to wonder at the credibility of the Spurs BOD and Levy who I believe stated the new stadium would cost £400 million.

Report on Newsnow quoting Richard Keys that costs have reached the £1 billion mark and therefore expect sales of top players leading to Poch’s departure.

Leaving aside the doomsday prediction, if the cost figures are true you have to wonder at the credibility of the Spurs BOD and Levy who I believe stated the new stadium would cost £400 million.

I am weary of media dicks like Keys ever understanding anything; there is simply too little understanding of the nature of the overall project which is much more than 'just' the stadium - the total property development/project costs could well have risen to a projected £1 billion (up from the orginal 750-800m total redev cost projections) - but the stadium build costs 'only' make up around 60-70% of the property redevelopment costs, so clearly costs will have increased (and the first increase was when the stadium was redesigned to accommodate a sliding pitch; which according to some estimates instantly added £100m to the original £450m draft budget., much of that was covered by the NFL contract, if not all and then some.

Keys spends his life talking utter shite these days and parroting what he can to remain relevant. I'll rely on what I know Rothschild put in place as project finance and that hasn't changed as of last week...

Damn, I keep getting these suggestions when I pop on YouTube. Here's the last one I'll post. It's also really cool, showing a time lapse of the roof construction so far. You can also see the massive screens being tested, some really great stills from inside the stadium, and at the end you'll see the complete version of the two sections of the retracable pitch test which is just awesome!

Apparently the retractable pitch test went really well , with all the big knobs congratulating the engineers on doing such a brilliant job .
ITK s on other forums saying " keys being handed over in August, first test event being held for twenty thousand people , second test event for forty thousand people "
First four games away from home , first home game after the international break .
Seems workable and reasonable

Thanks S E for updates . There is a brilliant you tube video of Harry and Hugo visiting the site and as they walk along the 'tunnell ' and onto the pitch , Harry pushes Hugo in front of him and they walk out in single file . Camera then shows the players view of the stadium .
( And Ex,s box ha ha )
Sorry but don't know how to paste that on here , wasn't at school that day !

Last edited:
Well done WW! Looks like you were listening at school that day! I love how Hugo says, "Wow, it looks so compact!" which is great for players and fans alike after the vast expanse of Wembley all year.

So now you've done it once, WW, you can keep these coming too!

Well I would let all the players we want to keep take that walk as well...who in their right mind would leave this coming season and miss going out into that stadium as a Spurs player!

Those we want rid of or have hinted they are for leaving ...tell them to take a walk...elsewhere!!!!...