The SS Richard Montgomery | Page 2 | Vital Football

The SS Richard Montgomery

Bur what about the 30ft tsunami that would devastate north Kent and Essex? At school, all our resident experts convinced me that would be the certain outcome if anyone touched it!

Common kent knowledge at the time - as it was next to an oil refinery an explosion would be like an atomic bomb.

I dimly remember a story about gas storage at Canvey Island and the perma frost that was expanding beneath the units. That was described as a disaster waiting to happen with the possiblity of an unfolding double disaster involving SS Montgomery. Anyone care to up the ante with a third, simultaneous major threat?

I dimly remember a story about gas storage at Canvey Island and the perma frost that was expanding beneath the units. That was described as a disaster waiting to happen with the possiblity of an unfolding double disaster involving SS Montgomery. Anyone care to up the ante with a third, simultaneous major threat?

A no deal Brexit?

Cliffs collapsing at Eastchurch.

Re Canvey Island, they emptied the tanks

Yipee, the tsunami
The Canvey Island tanks might be mt but the tanks on the IOG are full Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) and Aviation Sprit.

Yipee, the combined tsunami just gained another 10 feet. Factor in another Sheppey cliff collapse and we could do some real damage.