The Spurs v Manchester City Final | Vital Football

The Spurs v Manchester City Final

Timbo1882

Vital Reserves Team
Foden is looking superb. Fernandinho oozing class. But they have no striker with awareness to be in the danger area. Man U midfield looks the business.

Player for player they are unquestionably a better squad than us, plus they pretty much own this competition, and have a proven record of success at the business end of domestic cups. Conversely our record in semi finals and finals is poor, with the notable exception of the Ajax CL semi. We do however have a good record against City in recent times in all forms of competition. Everything will depend on Jose's ability to install a belief in the team that they can go out and win this one. Winning the Carabao Cup will only be the first step toward Mourinho meeting the higher targets which are surely expected of him, but it will certainly serve as a springboard for better things going forward. It should at the very least serve, for a little while at least, to put an end to the incessant tedium in the media regarding Spurs never winning anything.

Its 2021, 40 years after the FA cup final v MC, Ricky Villa goal, remember that.

The same final where I missed the Final itself because one of my Daughters was born, inconvenient of her don't you think! lol! but hey! I got to the replay to witness that GOAL! "There's only one Ricky Villa"

We are going to do it again! Win the final.

I believe if we are going to have any chance against Citeh we need Bale up and running and firing, at the moment it really doesn't look like Bale has anything left in the tank. He's the big game player that we've needed to get over the line, but I'm not hopeful at the moment

I believe if we are going to have any chance against Citeh we need Bale up and running and firing, at the moment it really doesn't look like Bale has anything left in the tank. He's the big game player that we've needed to get over the line, but I'm not hopeful at the moment

As is the case so often with speed merchants, as they get older, they just break - it's one soft tissue injury after another, and that the case with him all over again - we simply never learn.

It is such a long time away that it is hard to predict. Both teams could have games coming thick and fast in the CL / EL or FACUP in April. City and Liverpool could also be slugging it out for the title.

In any scenario, we go in as the underdogs but that doesn't mean we can't win.

As is the case so often with speed merchants, as they get older, they just break - it's one soft tissue injury after another, and that the case with him all over again - we simply never learn.
Still think it was worth the risk Ex, he gave the club a big lift. I suspect we've sold a lot of Bale shirts, considering how little PL games he's played that goal WBA could prove to be vital

Still think it was worth the risk Ex, he gave the club a big lift. I suspect we've sold a lot of Bale shirts, considering how little PL games he's played that goal WBA could prove to be vital

I'd love to agree with you, but have seen Bale with my own eyes this season. That being said, the closer Bale gets to the Euros the more we'll probably see of the old Bale. Would it surprise any of us if it was stalemate in the cup final and Bale came off the bench and made the difference? Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a critical free-kick and Kane grabbed the ball and then kicked it into the stands for the hundredth time this season :-)

I hope you're right and I get proved wrong - all I keep thinking is how £7 mill a year could have been spent on..

That £7m with the Doherty £15m could have been a great chunk of the Aarons money. He'd probably do the workload of the pair of them anyway !!!

I'd love to agree with you, but have seen Bale with my own eyes this season. That being said, the closer Bale gets to the Euros the more we'll probably see of the old Bale. Would it surprise any of us if it was stalemate in the cup final and Bale came off the bench and made the difference? Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a critical free-kick and Kane grabbed the ball and then kicked it into the stands for the hundredth time this season :-)

Kane's conversion rate under Jose for freekicks is now just 2.68%....horrible for a striker. Please can someone stop him from taking anymore?