The Sopranos | Vital Football

The Sopranos

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
After hearing the very sad news that actor James Gandolfini has passed away, I thought I'd start a post about his most famous role Tony Soprano. Have you watched this genius piece of televsion? If not then do so, they don't make TV shows this good or compelling everyday!

The show simply wouldn't have worked without Jimmy, Ray Liota braining mobsters??? No!!! That is why the casting of James in the Sopranos was so damn important! David Chase's programme owes so much to this mans ability to bring what he did, the realism of the acting makes you think, it engages you.

I'm very sad that he has passed away but the friuts of an incredible body of work will live on!

Bit of a shock this morning reading that James Gandolfini has passed away..... such a shame. Not a big follower of The Sopranos due to my circumstances, but enjoyed the ones I did see. He will be missed big time.

RIP James.

Great actor, Sopranos is hands down the best lads crime drama/thriller out there and like said James and his acting style was what made the Sopranos but he was also great in his other exploits, sad day for the world of acting indeed.

[youtube=zBeY46HDj6A]

Outstanding series. Possibly the best ever.

Honourable mentions for his roles in 'True Romance' and 'In The Loop' form which this classic piece of dialogue hails:

"Look, Tucker, you might be some scary little poodle-fucker over in England, but out here you're nothing. You know what you look like? A squeezed dick. You got a big blue vein running up your head all the way to the temple. See, that's where I'd put the bullet. Only I'd have to stand back 'cause you look like a squirter."

R.I.P.

loved the sopranos, especially as its dry comedy pieces, think i remember tony whacked or had a guy whacked, then clipped his son around the back of the head the next day for swearing at the breakfast table lol

Or the deliberate dialogue mistakes that everyday people would make.

Trying to shake down Starbucks.

Paulie being more worried about Poison Ivy than whacking Mikey.

The whole of 'Pine Barons' episode, that could have been a film in its own right!

Tony drunk any episode.

Junior losing his marbles.

My favourite moment ever...... Junior shoving a pie in his Girfriends face and calling her a C~~~.

See it goes like this for me

Football - Villa
Film - Alien
Music - REM
Tele - Sopranos

Not of them will ever get knocked off their perch for me.

I had heard how good this series was, downloaded the very first episode and didnt think much. A year or two later, bored, thought Id give it another go, still not impressed with first episode, but gave the second episode a go, OH MY GOD! I was hooked, I mean really hooked. Downloaded the whole season then the next and on a weekend was watching 20 episodes or more. It is the best thing ever on television and I was really saddened to hear of James's death, his acting was top drawer. If you have not seen it then you are missing out.

Go for it Skeggy, you can get the whole box set, brand new for, just a minute.....................£44.40 on Amazon now that's £7.40 a series.

Or you could download it for nothing somewhere probably lol.