The song you're ashamed about... | Page 3 | Vital Football

The song you're ashamed about...

kefkat - 5/11/2013 00:56

Everyone has to have an Elvis song they love, but don't like admitting too.

Mine is 'In the Ghetto'

I have to say that I have a great affection for Elvis and the records he recorded on the Sun label are beyond reproach as far as I am concerned.

I can't think of anything better than Mystery Train or That's All Right.

The records which most people remember him by are from when he joined RCA (Heartbreak Hotel etc).

The general opinion was that Elvis never did anything worthwhile after he went into the army and In the Ghetto was considered a long-awaited return to form.

Elvis has definitely got a huge amount of built-in naffness, which I find cutesy and charming.

Led Zeppelin used to throw in an Elvis number when they played live and it never failed.

Honey Bobby Goldsboro I have actually sang this a couple of times on the karaoke well attempted to sing it.

My mates are all into this hip hop r&b bollocks. So when I come out with I like rod stewart, phil vollins , neil diamond and the jam. It goes a bit quiet

Barney2004 - 5/11/2013 12:09

The music today is shit and will never be played 30 years down the line
The thing is Lee groups don't stay as groups to become legends anymore it's all about solo artists these days.

Rod Stewart is great luv his songs, Bruce Springsteen I even play Simon and Garfunkel sound of silende, my taste in music is total varied tbh, grew up with mom and dad listening to old stuff so luv that aswell Beatles etc i just think im a music junkie tbh

Rod Stewart unplugged great listen this got the rolling stones guitarist playing alongside him aswell

[youtube=C_KrAYtU6Zs&list=PLSA1tVgsX79TW0ECCw6Fnwl7Y0vPPSfbR]

I'm with Fear, music is for enjoyment and I love listening and playing it. No need for embarrassment over that Nolan's record anyone who says there is doesn't know what they are talking about.

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 12:57

Rod Stewart unplugged great listen this got the rolling stones guitarist playing alongside him aswell

[youtube=C_KrAYtU6Zs&list=PLSA1tVgsX79TW0ECCw6Fnwl7Y0vPPSfbR]

Ronnie Wood was in The Faces with Rod Stewart before joining The Rolling Stones, they're still best mates. The Faces are class - well worth investigating Clive if you don't know much of their stuff, start with 'A Nod Is as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse' and enjoy from there.

Wurzel - 5/11/2013 13:50

I'm with Fear, music is for enjoyment and I love listening and playing it. No need for embarrassment.

Obviously you never bought the cheeky girls song when you were a kid :12: