The song you're ashamed about... | Page 2 | Vital Football

The song you're ashamed about...

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 13:20

Everyone listens to music... its a part of life. And i believe that everyone likes a song that they would be ashamed to admit to... wether its on your ipod or in your CD collection.

Mine has to be 'she wears it well' - rod stewart

whats yours?

Why would you be ashamed of that song?

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 13:57

ClivetheVillan - 4/11/2013 13:48

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 13:43

ClivetheVillan - 4/11/2013 13:38

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 13:35

ClivetheVillan - 4/11/2013 13:28

Backstreet boys ''i want it that way'' shhhh just between me and you bro ;)

i wont tell a soul... thats worse than mine!!!! :5:

:19: Well if im going down might aswell admit i got Ronan Keeting ''When you say nothing at all'' on my youtube playlist, i hide them as the 80's playlist so the mrs or family don't see them yes i am ashamed :21:

you like your boy bands dont ya clive.... please tell me you have an east 17 to just shame yourself that little more :90: :108: :104: :10: :3: :3: :3:

Just kill me and put me out of my boyband misery ffs :54: :10:

anymore you wish to share? :17:

Human League ''Human'' i got Thompson Twins ''Hold Me Know'' and some Roxette Lady Gaga ''Alejandro'' and to top it off on my youtube playlists Will Young ''Jelousey'' Im sure i am going to regret this one day and on here i just got a naggling feeling tbh :10: I listen to these songs on my headphones whilst on Vital humming away to some corney song then whack some Metalica on or Bruce Springsteen and realise i ain't that weird :17:

Everyone has to have an Elvis song they love, but don't like admitting too.

Mine is 'In the Ghetto'

Wurzel - 4/11/2013 23:53

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 13:20

Everyone listens to music... its a part of life. And i believe that everyone likes a song that they would be ashamed to admit to... wether its on your ipod or in your CD collection.

Mine has to be 'she wears it well' - rod stewart

whats yours?

Why would you be ashamed of that song?

Wurzel my mom used to listen to it when I wad younger. Theres no way I would have thought that I would have it up there with my favourite song lol. Quality though isnt it?

Rod Stewart is a quality singer and before all the endless shitty cover albums produced some great songs. Now if it was Black Lace I could understand your embarrassment.

Billy don't be a hero paper by Paper Lace kk nothing wrong with in the ghetto I always thought that was the best record he made can't beat a good ballad.

kefkat - 5/11/2013 00:56

Everyone has to have an Elvis song they love, but don't like admitting too.

Mine is 'In the Ghetto'

Elvis was amazing, nothing to admit there!?

Oh Barney, you should have at least have got the title right, before you made the claim.

It is 'You Wear it Well'.

Definitely not the worst thing Rod ever did and he murdered quite a few classics on the way.

Personally, I can't think of a song I have liked and would refuse to defend.

I would never use the word 'ashamed' but there are plenty of records out there which are a wonderful mixture the crass and the delightful.

The example which comes to mind is Christopher Cross's Ride Like The Wind, wonderful start, with soaring vocals but then there is something about the backing vocals which is laughably naff.

Or say, back to Rod Stewart. His much loved classic Mandolin Wind is a total delight with superb delivery by Rod and the gorgeous mandolin, but the lyric 'buffalo died in the frozen fields you know' is shockingly naff.

But these faults never stop me smiling as I listen.

What I mean is there isnt many peaople of my age that like rod stewart.... whereas I think hes great...

Certainly got cds in my collection (nearly 1500 now!) that others wouldn't consider 'cool' or might be embarrassed about, I'm not, don't give a damn!

There are a couple of Bros song I like as well! So ner ner !! lol

Barney2004 - 5/11/2013 10:49

What I mean is there isnt many peaople of my age that like rod stewart.... whereas I think hes great...

Oh yes, the tyranny of youth, how I remember it well.

The age thing is something I had not taken into account.

So apologies for that.

When it is compulsory to like The Jam it is always going to be risky telling your mates you like show-tunes.

Oh, and Rod Stewart (early stuff) and Neil Diamond are great (and I'm 30 - until tomorrow!) - no need for the shame with them choices.