The seasons | Vital Football

The seasons

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
Autumn starts on Sunday 22/09/2013
Winter starts on Saturday 21/12/2013
Spring starts on Thursday 20/03/2014
Summer starts on Saturday 21/06/2014

Please refer to these correct facts before declaring "oooohhhh winters here" when it's in fact only November. Then you won't come across as an ill informed douche bag.

I think the seasons have changed anyway tbh, times of the year are now ay different and the weather is far more unreliable than it used to be, this is surely the end of times and a massive apocalyptic event wiping us all of the face of the planet is just around the corner due to them lizard men controlling us, (hope that appocalyptic event happaning remark cheered you up Fear)

We had joy
We had fun
We had seasons in the sun......

Seems very late for winter doesn't it?

No joy when this sun blows up and burns every living thing to a crisp, you mark my words!! That bloody thing you all enjoy called the sun is death in the making, it is going to swell up so big and just go bosha to the lot of us, don't say i ain't warned you and don't come cryin to me when it happans i wil just say ''omfg we are dead''

Afternoon all!

Have you been reading the Book of Revelations again, Clive? I'd stick with the Book of Numbers if I were you, much less doom-laden.

LOL Just trying my best to cheer Fear up, he luvs a good apocalypse story, but only joking about but seriousley have you heard about the lizards running the world? ;)

SKEGGY - 11/8/2013 11:14

Please refer to these correct facts before declaring "oooohhhh winters here" when it's in fact only November. Then you won't come across as an ill informed douche bag.[/QUOTE

Winter starts on the shortest day of the year December 21st, which makes perfect sense. The same with summer starting on June 21st as it is the longest day of the year. That is all

SKEGGY - 11/8/2013 12:14

Please refer to these correct facts before declaring "oooohhhh winters here" when it's in fact only November. Then you won't come across as an ill informed douche bag.

Wikipedia disagrees with you, it has spring starting 1st March, Summer on 1st June, autumn on 1st September and winter on 1st December. Looking at weather patterns and light levels, this does make more sense, what with the longest and shortest days being when they are. That said, according to ecologists there are 6 seasons, not 4 and in Sweden and Finland the seasons vary each year as they are based on average temperatures not fixed dates. Your dates are the seasons as described by astronomy :14:

SKEGGY - 11/8/2013 12:14

So ... if summer starts on 21 June and 24 June is midsummer's day, that basically should mean that Autumn starts on June 27th, yes?

ClivetheVillan - 11/8/2013 14:52

LOL Just trying my best to cheer Fear up, he luvs a good apocalypse story, but only joking about but seriousley have you heard about the lizards running the world? ;)

Surely it's salamanders?

I'm not convinced we have 4 seasons anymore. We have Autumn & Winter and part of Spring. We get hardly any summer.

ClivetheVillan - 11/8/2013 14:52

Wooohooooo we are all doooooooomed.

:4:

Bring it on four horsemen of the apocalypse, I'm a ready and waiting (but do keep your horses at a distance, I have an allergy to them)