The Scottish Army Knife Kal Naismith | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Scottish Army Knife Kal Naismith

Screenshot from Wigan's instagram showing off my jersey and yes the phone provider is Telcel as mentioned above. Don't really know why you keep questioning me being from and living in Mexico. I don't understand what I would gain?
Not sure why it matters either?

Screenshot from Wigan's instagram showing off my jersey and yes the phone provider is Telcel as mentioned above. Don't really know why you keep questioning me being from and living in Mexico. I don't understand what I would gain?

Keep mentioning?... only mentioned it once in a light hearted sort of way. Do you have the easily offended there/ wherever the fuck you are like the pillocks we have here ?

And for what it is worth i think Kal is a great squad player as he has proved in the second half of the season. When he is played at cb he performed well. He helped bring about our current style of play by bringing it out from the back which has kind of gone a little since Balogun and kal have been out (Fox tries to do it in fairness). Kal is not so good in an attacking capacity down the flanks I felt. Maybe at Lwb with 3 at the back would be okay now he has the defensive element nailed down? Maybe just stick him cm?

I very much admire his determination and desire to keep going as well. He deservedly got some stick... Some went too far imo.

But yeah a good squad player as signified by the op.

You're on a forum with a load of Wiganers... your English spelling, grammar and punctuation are literally perfect. That tells us nothing about where you are from... other than that you're definitely not from Wigan 😂

I'm a big fan of Kal. The stick he got from a lot of 'fans' was disgusting.

I think he's one of the best crossers of the ball we have when he plays in a more advanced role on the left, and he was a fantastic CB. Personally I'd be starting him ahead of Dowell, who has been really disappointing. I'd also put him third choice CB behind Balogun and Cedric. I don't remember him putting a foot wrong in the CB role. He didn't really shine at LB, in fairness.

Having a good utility player is massive for a club like ours: we don't have the luxury of having three quality players in every position (could argue there are positions we don't have any cover at all) so having one player who you know you can rely on to do a very good job in nigh on any position is priceless.

Massive respect to Kal from me. To take the (totally unjustified) crap he's taken and consistently come back better and better takes a lot of character and grit.

Last edited:

Could I ask are you born and bred in Mexico. Not meaning to pry but your composition and use of the English language is excellent.

Edit: Much better than many native Wiganers. :rofl:

You're on a forum with a load of Wiganers... your English spelling, grammar and punctuation are literally perfect. That tells us nothing about where you are from... other than that you're definitely not from Wigan 😂

I did elementary and middle school in California. Moved back here as soon as I finished that lol. I also hang around with a lot of Americans and English people on discord

Could I ask are you born and bred in Mexico. Not meaning to pry but your composition and use of the English language is excellent.

Edit: Much better than many native Wiganers. :rofl:

Ty lol, as mentioned above. Born in Mexico, raise in California and moved back at the end of middle school. I talk on discord every day and have a job that requieres me to speak English all day. Quite hard to forget at this point lol

Ty lol, as mentioned above. Born in Mexico, raise in California and moved back at the end of middle school. I talk on discord every day and have a job that requieres me to speak English all day. Quite hard to forget at this point lol
Why Wigan? Apart from being by far the greatest team the world has ever seen ;) If you don’t mind me asking.
I’m not from Wigan but support through family on my Mum’s side. But I’m in the same country!
It’s awesome to know we have fans across the globe 💪🏻

Not lived in Romania then?

Why Wigan? Apart from being by far the greatest team the world has ever seen ;) If you don’t mind me asking.
I’m not from Wigan but support through family on my Mum’s side. But I’m in the same country!
It’s awesome to know we have fans across the globe 💪🏻

Idk tbh it just came to me, especially after that win against Arsenal in 2010 was when I was all in on supporting Wigan. I guess I like an underdog.

Ironically around 2012 a Mexican was linked with Wigan and he was insanely good in Liga MX at the time. When he rejected Wigan I hated him until he signed for my Mexican club

Keep mentioning?... only mentioned it once in a light hearted sort of way. Do you have the easily offended there/ wherever the fuck you are like the pillocks we have here ?

Sorry, quite prideful of where I'm from and it's quite hard to read what tone people speak in sometimes