The Science and Technology Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

I feel like science is losing the battle.

My brother doesn't believe in climate change in spite of snow on the Texas shores of the Gulf of Mexico.
Transgendered women being allowed to compete in women's sports and absolutely shattering every female record.
Flat earthers are still a thing.
Crazy Christians with their inability to comprehend history.
COVID deniers.

Whats next?

My brother doesn't believe in climate change in spite of snow on the Texas shores of the Gulf of Mexico.
Transgendered women being allowed to compete in women's sports and absolutely shattering every female record.
COVID deniers.

Whats next?

What's your brother's job?

What's your brother's job?

Glazer - fits windows and the like. Oddly a climate crisis, in theory, is good for business as there is still plenty of single pane and old uninsulated metal frame windows out there.

My brother sadly is just a bit of a conspiracy theorist, he's mostly into things where someone will have a perceived economic gain or where he thinks the Government has something to gain. He isn't an anti-vaxer as he has always got his vaccines but he wants to sit the COVID one out. Other than "it seems fishy" is the only explanation I've got from him.

I won't sit here and say he won't hurt anyone because he could. My nephew goes to see our mom every Friday and she has scarring on her lungs. Thankfully she'll be able to get the vaccine but me and other brother probably have until the end of the year to figure out how to convince. Both of us will be getting the vaccine so hopefully that changes his mind.

Last edited:

COVID deniers.

Whats next?

I hope the variety of info below will be helpful. I have written up info on Covid19 and vaccines for those in denial, don't understand and various other. Its various which I xopy and paste where I think it maybe useful. Please feel free to use it

My dear friend is a medical science research librarian and my info comes from her. Hopefully some of this will help you with fears your brother has whether he realises he has fears or not

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

The information I share with you now is from source. My dear friend of many years is a medical science research librarian. Far more in-depth than it may sound. Five years at med school is part of her training for this job.

Firstly covid19 is part of the strain of viruses from the Corona group of viruses. These are the various type of common cold, flu, pneumonia (of which Covid19 is a strain of) SARS, MERS, Swine flu and so on.

Covid19 like the majority of viruses and illnesses from your common cold to measles, mumps and childhood illnesses all generally can be traced back to cross contamination from animals which causes these infections and so on. For example mumps they believed came originally from monkeys.

Secondly part of the treatment for Covid19 is already available. The template, treatment comes from the vaccine which they already have for SARS-COV 2.So its been working with what they already have

Thirdly because of how contagious this is medical science has thrown about 20 billion at the treatment of this, already. They can't afford to mess around.

Fourthly a lot of treatments take many years because of red-tape. That has been swept aside this year because of the disaster of covid19.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Further info, unrelated to what you said however related to the longterm process of this:

The vaccine won't get us back to normal! Its a very useful aid in dealing with this but there is far more work to do.

As yet they do not know whether it needs to be a yearly vaccine or its a permanent solution.

Covid19 won't just disappear when as many as possible are vaccinated. Social distancing etc will need to continue. It will be at least 2-3 years before any full sense of "new normality" will return

Not sure if this could of went in the Mars Landing thread, but since it's a bit off into the future.

Plans for the first sustainable city of Mars has officially been revealed. The idea rendered by architect firm ABIBOO has unveiled a design for over five Martian cities, including the space capital city of Nüwa.

Construction can begin in 2054 and they hope to welcome the first community by 2100, so we'll all be brown bread by then, but maybe our grandchildren will get to move there.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/3/mars-nuwa-abiboo-first-sustainable-city-plans-info

Not sure if this could of went in the Mars Landing thread, but since it's a bit off into the future.

Plans for the first sustainable city of Mars has officially been revealed. The idea rendered by architect firm ABIBOO has unveiled a design for over five Martian cities, including the space capital city of Nüwa.

Construction can begin in 2054 and they hope to welcome the first community by 2100, so we'll all be brown bread by then, but maybe our grandchildren will get to move there.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/3/mars-nuwa-abiboo-first-sustainable-city-plans-info

If it gets to the point where Mars is the best option we have, I think the game is up.