The Science and Technology Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

does no one worry if we find a cure for 'everything' that it will actually be the destruction of this planet? It could be argued it perhaps already is. Oh and just in case that offends anyone who is ill, I'm an example, I should have been dead by 1994, so I am part of the problem.

The problem is, BB, it's a bit late. I doubt there is any tech you own that doesn't have Chinese chips in there.

And who trusts America more than China, these days?

I don't know what the answer is, but a blanket ban on Chinese Companies would leave us in the Dark Ages.

It turns out that PHEVs are 3 times less fuel efficient than they claim. Throw in the cost of charging them up and the massive cost of replacing the batteries and you have a bad and very expensive solution to the pollution problem.

https://paultan.org/2020/02/07/phevs-consume-3-times-more-fuel-in-the-real-world/

I quite fancied an S90 T8 until I test drove it and found out that it costs £11k to replace the batteries out of warranty. The claimed battery range is 40km so I might be able to get to work and back on just electric mode (I'd have to stay under 80kmph and not accelerate hard). Once the battery is flat, you are carrying 300kg of dead weight for the rest of the journey.