The Science and Technology Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

I would find that much more productive than dancing around in the streets like a bunch of twatty art students while stopping people getting to their jobs and blocking ambulances.

Completely agree, if you're scanning on social media/tinterweb, I'd say if not 100% switched on, given what I saw there, in about 12 months we'd all be capable of falling for them unless something massively flagged as being wrong in the text.

Knew about these obviously, but that was actually impressive with how far the tech has come.

You look at the overreactions on Twitter to a misused comma and the lack of a benefit of doubt on things, and this is just next level....

"But he said it! I saw it with my own eyes."

Completely agree, if you're scanning on social media/tinterweb, I'd say if not 100% switched on, given what I saw there, in about 12 months we'd all be capable of falling for them unless something massively flagged as being wrong in the text.

Knew about these obviously, but that was actually impressive with how far the tech has come.

You look at the overreactions on Twitter to a misused comma and the lack of a benefit of doubt on things, and this is just next level....

"But he said it! I saw it with my own eyes."

Yep, as if everything isn't complicated enough at the moment! lol

Don't know if you've seen this one, I might have even posted it somewhere here before, but the transitions are almost flawless. Also I love Bill Hader and his impressions, but not every deepfake video is going to have a good impressionist, so that might hold things up until they master some kind of voice imitation software!

I'll watch that later mate. Doesn't seem familiar. In fairness, I didn't plug my earphones in for the above, I followed the text and that is a problem in itself isn't it. If you're not even listening out for the potential for a voice actor, that goes even deeper. Then again with audio tech, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take a semi competent whiz to knock up (and tweak) somebodies real speech if they had enough of a catalogue either.