The Sack Race 2017-18 | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Sack Race 2017-18

SeasideEssexXile - 4/2/2018 22:28

Marching On Together...........

Leeds have sacked their manager Thomas Christiansen after only eight months in charge at Elland Road.

The Yorkshire club are 10th in the Championship having failed to win since Boxing Day and lost 4-1 at home to Cardiff on Saturday.

and appointed heckinbottom....

Grimsby Town have parted company with manager Russell Slade after Saturday's 3-0 loss at Crawley Town stretched their winless run to 12 games.

Walked before being pushed perhaps, our old mukka OC.

Owen Coyle has resigned as Ross County manager after just five months in charge at the struggling Scottish Premiership club.
The 51-year-old took over in September last year, leaving with them three points adrift at the bottom.
County won four of their 21 league matches under Coyle, whose assistant Sandy Stewart has also quit.
Coyle said it was "in everyone's best interests" to offer his resignation.

I was really disappointed we didn't get him I think when we had the Riga revolution. In hind sight it wouldn't have mattered who we had and his career has taken a nose dive

Southampton have sacked manager Mauricio Pellegrino with the team just one point and one place above the Premier League relegation zone with eight games left this season.

The Saints have won just one of their past 17 league matches and lost 3-0 at Newcastle United on Saturday.

Pellegrino, 46, was appointed in June as the successor to Claude Puel.

Agent Westley, Barnet FC , was in charge for just over two months after arriving on 15 January, but won only two of his 11 games in charge.

Sc***horpe have sacked manager Graham Alexander despite the club being in the Sky Bet League One play-off positions.

Mick McCarthy's six-year spell as Ipswich manager will come to an end when his contract expires this summer.

The 59-year-old, the longest-serving manager in the Sky Bet Championship, has agreed with club owner Marcus Evans to a parting of ways at the end of the campaign.

"Mick and I had a discussion and we both agreed that this was the best way forward for him and for Ipswich Town," Evans told itfc.co.uk after a meeting with McCarthy on Wednesday night.

"It never got to the point where we actually talked about a new contract. It just felt right that it was time for us both to look at different options.

"When Mick arrived, we looked to be on the way to relegation. He saved us from that and then took us to the play-offs within two years.

"In his six years here he has made us a very competitive club in what is a very competitive league.

"I want to put on record my sincere thanks to Mick for the job he has done here as our manager."

talking about a section of fans here. worth a read

Q: Do you think you’ve got the respect you deserved? Should you have banked more from 2012/13 and then the year you got Town into the play-offs?

MM: I don’t know, you’ll have to ask the numbskulls who have been giving me the abuse. I think that’s what they are to be quite honest. It’s not everybody and that comment is for the people who have been doing it and, I think, ruining games at Portman Road and making it a hard place to play.

You will have to ask them and they probably don’t give too many people respect, let alone the manager.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-manager-mick-mccarthy-press-conference-full-transcript-1-5456619

Alan Pardew has left West Brom by mutual consent after winning just one Premier League game in his fourth-month spell as head coach - a run that has left the club facing relegation.

The Baggies lie bottom of the table, 10 points adrift of safety with only six games of the season left, and Saturday's 2-1 defeat at home to Burnley was their eighth top-flight loss in a row.