The Run In | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Run In

Odious bindipping fucks should be deducted points and relegated. But as you say they're a septic 6 cling on. Same way they will get away with breaking fpp

Don't want to be all "right on" lefty but seeing as the insult "bindippers" came about because people were so impoverished in the 80's it was do that or starve; and as we're currently seeing a huge crisis across the land with a genuine poverty crisis, can we condemn that word to history ? Newcastle United has a food bank. The North East much like the North West has been particularly hit hard. There are now more food banks than McDonalds across the country. The insult is explicitly linked to mocking people for being through no fault of their own poor. Time to elevate our thinking gentleman and ladies.

Don't want to be all "right on" lefty but seeing as the insult "bindippers" came about because people were so impoverished in the 80's it was do that or starve; and as we're currently seeing a huge crisis across the land with a genuine poverty crisis, can we condemn that word to history ? Newcastle United has a food bank. The North East much like the North West has been particularly hit hard. There are now more food banks than McDonalds across the country. The insult is explicitly linked to mocking people for being through no fault of their own poor. Time to elevate our thinking gentleman and ladies.
Fair point keggy and noted.

Agreed, old and boring.

Stop using it, when they stop using "barcodes".

Lampard manager of the year for taking Everton from 16th to 16th. Embarrassing

On the plus side it means fat Frank gets to stay and it'll be more of the same nextyear or possibly worse.

I said weeks ago that I reckoned it would be 35/36 points to stay up and im sticking with that.

Without checking the permutations of who plays who down the bottom, I reckon we're mathematically safe now because all teams below us can't get maximum points out of all games left.

Eddie Howe's body language and words he's been using have changed since Wednesday in that I believe he thought we were safe then and that's before today's stroll. i haven't yet seen the after match interviews but will once ive watched the boxing and subsequent highlight programmes.

It's also daft that the likes of West Ham have been lauded all season as top 4 contenders and here we are only 9 points behind them with Broocey's preparation, the fact we started the season unfit and 14 game 'not winning' streak head start they had on us.

A bit late to the party but ive been busy. Just wanting to add to my correct prediction whilst im tanked up and can be bothered to post.

We were actually safe on April 17th when Bruno headed that last minute winner in against Leicester. Some 7 games before the end of the season which is remarkable when you think back to the mess that Howe inherited off cauli nose

For the sake of discussion Toony - Howe inherited a squad that had finished 12th on 45 points last season and 13th on 44 points the season before

The squad was not strengthened for this current campaign with the only difference to the season before being the permanent addition of Willock.

Howe didn't inherit the mess from 'cauli nose' or 'broccoli nose' or whatever playground insult you choose - the mess was very much inherited from Ashley

It wasn't purely down to Howe to change the season around, it was a complete u turn in club philosophy that had the biggest impact on this season.

Do you genuinely think we would have had the same finish to the season if Howe had replaced Bruce under Ashley's regime?

Howe is head and shoulders a better manager than Bruce but the turnaround this season is more to do with new owners who spent 90 million in January than it is miracles performed by Howe

Last edited:
Howe is head and shoulders a better manager than Bruce but the turnaround this season is more to do with new owners who spent 90 million in January than it is miracles performed by Howe

It's difficult to prove this point because the answer is that we just don't know what would have happened if we didn't spend. You feel that there still would have been improvement due to the feel good factor and what not not to mention the much better training and tactics. The players know what they have to do now which is also a massive point.

There was a malaise at the club for years which has been lifted since the new owners came in. I'm just reading that an independent review of salaries for non-playing staff at Newcastle has taken place and in some cases received up to 20% rise since April. It is thought that some employees had only received one pay rise in ten years.

It's difficult to prove this point because the answer is that we just don't know what would have happened if we didn't spend. You feel that there still would have been improvement due to the feel good factor and what not not to mention the much better training and tactics. The players know what they have to do now which is also a massive point.

How would you answer my question above then...

Do you genuinely think we would have had the same finish to the season if Howe had replaced Bruce under Ashley's regime?

It's impossible to prove what didn't happen. I thought we really started turning the corner in the Manchester United game but then Cambridge happened. We'd have played better but I don't think we'd have beaten Everton and Villa without Trippier and Burn and without those wins following on from Leeds win (which I think we'd have got anyway) that's a hell of a lot of momentum lost . So as pleased as I am with how Howe's done and his management I think relegation would have still have been looming large and I'm sure we wouldn't have had the same finish to the season.

Obviously morale has a lot to do with it. Morale boosted with the takeover still no wins. Eddie came in and took a few games to undo what was done or more to the point do what wasn't done. Anyway it is a bit everything but I do believe neither Howe or the signings would have happened under Ashley so you could say a lot of its down to the takeover. One thing I will say though is, it's very easy to get the wrong managerial appointment and very hard to get a good one. We got the best appointment in the circumstances and I do believe he deserved manager of the year despite him not being there the full season. What he done was never done before. Klopp took a title challenging squad to SECOND in the league

It's impossible to prove what didn't happen. I thought we really started turning the corner in the Manchester United game but then Cambridge happened. We'd have played better but I don't think we'd have beaten Everton and Villa without Trippier and Burn and without those wins following on from Leeds win (which I think we'd have got anyway) that's a hell of a lot of momentum lost . So as pleased as I am with how Howe's done and his management I think relegation would have still have been looming large and I'm sure we wouldn't have had the same finish to the season.

No doubt the signings made a difference. Look at Bruno form - which was a lot to do with how Eddie managed and integrated him. The signings are only an issue because the media have people believing it. The truth is everyone spends in January and some clubs spend 100m on one player

I'd also go as far to add that the rejuvenated Wor Flags campaign and subsequent improvement in atmosphere has been worth a point or two at home this year