The Run In | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Run In

Until we're mathematically safe I guess it's in our Newcastle genes to be slightly worried the worst case scenario can happen but for us to go down now would take all teams below us to go against history and every other cliche there has ever been to reverse all odds etc etc.

However by the time we play Arsenal at home, it should be a lot clearer because we'll have only played one more game by then but Everton will have had 4, Leeds 3 and Brentford 3

Exactly and to put it into further context, even if Everton win their 3 games in hand on us, we'll still be ahead of them by 5 points
Well they won one of them today, I know I shouldn't worry.........one thing for sure it's looking like a higher total than the last few seasons to stay up.

I think the 3 battling it out are as the table reads. Everton, Burnley and Leeds. I think Leeds might be the one’s to go looking at the fixtures left.

Well we are finally safe and now look to next season. A lot of work to be done throughout the club at all levels. The U18's lost 13-0 to Man City U18's which highlights this.

Well, today sees the first chance for maths to come into play and confirm our next season status. This may speed up the commercial deals and see appointments put into place.

As it stands, Burnley's loss sees them only able to match our points total but with our goal difference being an issue, they would overtake us by winning their last 3 and us losing the same, unlikely but not impossible. Leeds, however, go to Arsenal today and if they lose, they will not catch us because of a 20 goal swing in the goal difference.

If we win, as unlikely as this may be, it ends it all for good.

Well, Leeds loss tonight sees Eddie Howe achieve what was said as impossible back in the Winter as premier league survival plus with a couple of weeks to spare. Some going that.

As it is, it is still no real achievement for a football club to celebrate 17th or above and hopefully this Summer sees the final bit of the Ashley blueprint exorcised for good with a decent squad build.

Roll on the positive threads from here on in.....

Then there was 2. It's between Burnley and Leeds after tonights results. I was hoping that Palace might have not surrendered a 2 goal lead at half time at Everton but it wasn't to be. 3 more days and it's all over for another season. It is remarkable that since Howe took over in November that the table for that period shows we are 7th with 41 points from 26 games. A good article in the Times today on 'The sacrifices behind Howe's success'

Unfortunately for Leeds, they face an Arsenal side who are at home and will want to go out with a roar rather than a meow. There's also the very slim chance that Spurs can get beat at Norwich although in our last relegation season we beat them 5-1 with 10 men, so it's not over by any means and Arsenal will be up for it.

I also can't see us being at the beach so Burnley will have a game. Could very well be all over now and Leeds looking at a fire sale.

It is remarkable that since Howe took over in November that the table for that period shows we are 7th with 41 points from 26 games. A good article in the Times today on 'The sacrifices behind Howe's success'

Even more remarkable is that in the 2nd half of this season, we are in the top 4 so we're technically in a false position in that we dont know where we stand overall.

Unfortunately for Leeds, they face an Arsenal side who are at home and will want to go out with a roar rather than a meow. There's also the very slim chance that Spurs can get beat at Norwich although in our last relegation season we beat them 5-1 with 10 men, so it's not over by any means and Arsenal will be up for it.

I also can't see us being at the beach so Burnley will have a game. Could very well be all over now and Leeds looking at a fire sale.

Leeds play Brentford away. Arsenal plays Everton. I think Spurs will finish 4th.

I see the filthy scousers invaded the pitch and letting off smoke flares not to mention abusing Viera. I thought invading the pitch was a criminal act? They should be hammered for it but they won't as they're a septic six, PL bumlicker club like West Ham and Southampton.

Imagine if that was us v Arsenal? We'd be crucified! Points deduction, immediate relegation or expulsion from the league. Calls for sanctions against our owners.

Scouse *****!

I see the filthy scousers invaded the pitch and letting off smoke flares not to mention abusing Viera. I thought invading the pitch was a criminal act? They should be hammered for it but they won't as they're a septic six, PL bumlicker club like West Ham and Southampton.

Imagine if that was us v Arsenal? We'd be crucified! Points deduction, immediate relegation or expulsion from the league. Calls for sanctions against our owners.

Scouse *****!
Odious bindipping fucks should be deducted points and relegated. But as you say they're a septic 6 cling on. Same way they will get away with breaking fpp