The Run In | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Run In

Can't be arsed, McCreery! Go argue with someone else!

It's up there ^^^^

I've no axe to grind with you Neppos but you do have a tendancy to jump in and talk utter shite at times....

For the sake of discussion Toony - Howe inherited a squad that had finished 12th on 45 points last season and 13th on 44 points the season before

The squad was not strengthened for this current campaign with the only difference to the season before being the permanent addition of Willock.

Howe didn't inherit the mess from 'cauli nose' or 'broccoli nose' or whatever playground insult you choose - the mess was very much inherited from Ashley

It wasn't purely down to Howe to change the season around, it was a complete u turn in club philosophy that had the biggest impact on this season. - implies that part of it was indeed down to Howe and the u turn in club philosophy had a massive impact on the feel good factor - nothing to do with spending at this stage

Do you genuinely think we would have had the same finish to the season if Howe had replaced Bruce under Ashley's regime?

Howe is head and shoulders a better manager than Bruce but the turnaround this season is more to do with new owners who spent 90 million in January than it is miracles performed by Howe - the turnaround this season is MORE to do with the new owners who spent 90 million in January - crediting Howe is a far better manager than Bruce with the implication that he played his part

It should also be read in context as a direct reply to toony's post which implied the turnaround was all about the difference between Howe and Bruce

Like I said, it was all there for you and at no point did I say we had survived only because we had spent 90 million in January

Last edited:
I've no axe to grind with you Neppos but you do have a tendancy to jump in and talk utter shite at times....

For the sake of discussion Toony - Howe inherited a squad that had finished 12th on 45 points last season and 13th on 44 points the season before

The squad was not strengthened for this current campaign with the only difference to the season before being the permanent addition of Willock.

Howe didn't inherit the mess from 'cauli nose' or 'broccoli nose' or whatever playground insult you choose - the mess was very much inherited from Ashley

It wasn't purely down to Howe to change the season around, it was a complete u turn in club philosophy that had the biggest impact on this season. - implies that part of it was indeed down to Howe and the u turn in club philosophy had a massive impact on the feel good factor - nothing to do with spending at this stage

Do you genuinely think we would have had the same finish to the season if Howe had replaced Bruce under Ashley's regime?

Howe is head and shoulders a better manager than Bruce but the turnaround this season is more to do with new owners who spent 90 million in January than it is miracles performed by Howe - the turnaround this season is MORE to do with the new owners who spent 90 million in January - crediting Howe is a far better manager than Bruce with the implication that he played his part

It should also be read in context as a direct reply to toony's post which implied the turnaround was all about the difference between Howe and Bruce

Like I said, it was all there for you and a no point did I say we had survived only because we had spent 90 million in January

Not got the time to read all that, never mind type it!

If it makes you happy I apologise if I offended your internet messageboard ego.

Not got the time to read all that, never mind type it!

If it makes you happy I apologise if I offended your internet messageboard ego.

No problem - you obviously didn't have time to read it the first time I posted it either

It wasn't purely down to Howe to change the season around, it was a complete u turn in club philosophy that had the biggest impact on this season.

Howe is head and shoulders a better manager than Bruce but the turnaround this season is more to do with new owners who spent 90 million in January than it is miracles performed by Howe
No

A bit late to the party but ive been busy. Just wanting to add to my correct prediction whilst im tanked up and can be bothered to post.

We were actually safe on April 17th when Bruno headed that last minute winner in against Leicester. Some 7 games before the end of the season which is remarkable when you think back to the mess that Howe inherited off cauli nose
Great point toony and one Everton supporters will definitely relate to.:grinning:

The money helped but Howe has done a really good job aswell. We look like a proper club again thank goodness.