The Run In | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Run In

I guess he has learnt on the job over the 20 years. Thing is though if he had been a ready made chairman ( like the cheap suits he used to sell ) we may have won more.

Would have, could have, should have.

I've spent half my time being a fan criticizing him for what he wasn't and what his short-comings were/are/ But I'm also pretty certain that we can look forward to the next 20 with some confidence if the excess funds are (as planned) going to be invested where it matters - on the pitch.

The stadium gives us a huge advantage, just as we can now see some of the next generation of top-flight possibles coming through via the *new* academy - that building has been a huge attraction for new kids with immense futures who would have looked us over before and ended up at our near neighbors.

I'm happy to say, I've played a small part in getting 6 kids who would have gone elsewhere to now being at our academy - and there is much much more to come in the future.

Levy changed the narrative on our recruitment failures by putting the academy front and centre of our future strategy.

Just been watching the 'Weekend Warm Up' program on Premier League TV. Plenty of discussion regarding the North London derby fixture, but the most interesting comment came from Don Hutchison who reckons that Spurs have the second best squad in the Premiership behind City, also agreed with by Leroy Rosenior. Don't think that they were saying that four weeks ago, but that probably illustrates two main issues, Gareth Bale is starting to make a difference, and that we've been under performing for a large part of the season, which however it is interpreted is simply a fact.
Wins against Burnley, Fulham and Palace haven't convinced me totally, although the manner of the wins against Burnley and Palace have been hugely encouraging, following on from some of the dross that preceded this run. If we can beat Arsenal tomorrow and see off Zagreb in the week my belief will be close to being restored. Hopefully that rediscovered belief won't be destroyed against the likes of Villa and Newcastle in the coming weeks.

Just been watching the 'Weekend Warm Up' program on Premier League TV. Plenty of discussion regarding the North London derby fixture, but the most interesting comment came from Don Hutchison who reckons that Spurs have the second best squad in the Premiership behind City, also agreed with by Leroy Rosenior. Don't think that they were saying that four weeks ago, but that probably illustrates two main issues, Gareth Bale is starting to make a difference, and that we've been under performing for a large part of the season, which however it is interpreted is simply a fact.
Wins against Burnley, Fulham and Palace haven't convinced me totally, although the manner of the wins against Burnley and Palace have been hugely encouraging, following on from some of the dross that preceded this run. If we can beat Arsenal tomorrow and see off Zagreb in the week my belief will be close to being restored. Hopefully that rediscovered belief won't be destroyed against the likes of Villa and Newcastle in the coming weeks.

Completely agree. That's why we will make top 4.

Would have, could have, should have.

I've spent half my time being a fan criticizing him for what he wasn't and what his short-comings were/are/ But I'm also pretty certain that we can look forward to the next 20 with some confidence if the excess funds are (as planned) going to be invested where it matters - on the pitch.

The stadium gives us a huge advantage, just as we can now see some of the next generation of top-flight possibles coming through via the *new* academy - that building has been a huge attraction for new kids with immense futures who would have looked us over before and ended up at our near neighbors.

I'm happy to say, I've played a small part in getting 6 kids who would have gone elsewhere to now being at our academy - and there is much much more to come in the future.

Levy changed the narrative on our recruitment failures by putting the academy front and centre of our future strategy.
Well done to you and thanks for your part in our academy . That is a tremendous achievement.

Lets be honest peops an optimistic nervousness, edge of seat excitement is starting to take hold of everyone, I am loving it, all we want now is JM and the team to carry it on to fruition.

Are happy days here again, here's hoping.

Lets be honest peops an optimistic nervousness, edge of seat excitement is starting to take hold of everyone, I am loving it, all we want now is JM and the team to carry it on to fruition.

Are happy days here again, here's hoping.

Never in doubt.

I don't know what I was thinking when I did the predictor league for Arsenal...I picked us on this to lose and I predicted a win on the league...I am dumb.

Well that's my forecast well n truly Fcuked to put it mildly lol!
Ever the optimist me! am now on the edge, though I am an optimist, I am not loyal to JM and his antics sorry tactics.

We cannot for some reason get rid of my most hated description of us....Spursey, it appears to be ingrained in us now,