• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cropped

Vital Squad Member
I know there is a wait until Sat 30th March for this game but I thought I'd get my neutrals thoughts written down.

The Millers are third bottom and their last 5 games shows 2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw.

So perhaps they are not in all that bad shape. Away from home though they have won just once, scoring 13 times but conceding 31 times.
https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

I am going to call it as a 2-0 Derby win.

Cropped

We lost at theirs earlier in the season but I can't see them repeating that at ours. We should have Mason Mount back fit as well as Mason Bennett. We will have too much for them and a big win will see us going on to pick up points left, right and centre and cement a place in the playoffs.

Their hard, physical style and "direct" style of play does not suit us one iota but I think 3-1 to us.

Very good Hamster, you're overlooking, however, that we've got very little down the right, nowt down the left and as for the centre.....enough said!! Still, 2-1 to the Rams!!

Love the optimism Mac ;) With a bit of luck and a following wind we should be going into the last 9 games with an almost full and fit squad. Mount and Lawro both fit will greatly increase our skill level and creativity. Bennett's bite and industry is always handy when available. Wilson will have had a couple of weeks out of competition and that will help him. All in all I tjink we will be closer to out October/November form than to Jan/Feb.

Okay, I’m temporarily really bored but having looked at the table and the remaining fixtures this is how I see it.
The current top four are going to finish in those top four places...no idea about order but they look immovable.
The other two places will be fought out by Boro’, Villa, Derby, Bristol City, Wednesday and PNE.
Wednesday have the run in from hell and won’t, imo, make it.
I estimate that we’ll collect another 14 points, Villa will get 13, Boro’ 17, Bristol 13 and Preston 9.
This would mean Boro’ take fifth with 75 points and Villa would take 6th on
goal difference from us.
All total supposition of course and it could all change completely but that’s how I see it.

OK that's 3 points we don't yet have though rA. Some of our fellow playoff hopefuls will actually lose 3, 4 or even 6 of the points they already have............

Okay, I’m temporarily really bored but having looked at the table and the remaining fixtures this is how I see it.
The current top four are going to finish in those top four places...no idea about order but they look immovable.
The other two places will be fought out by Boro’, Villa, Derby, Bristol City, Wednesday and PNE.
Wednesday have the run in from hell and won’t, imo, make it.
I estimate that we’ll collect another 14 points, Villa will get 13, Boro’ 17, Bristol 13 and Preston 9.
This would mean Boro’ take fifth with 75 points and Villa would take 6th on
goal difference from us.
All total supposition of course and it could all change completely but that’s how I see it.
I pretty much concur with that rA!
The problem is , if Villa go on to win the 'lottery', and I would make them favourites, then we will have to suffer you know who reminding us that we should have appointed Smith not Lamps!!
Yuck!!

3 of Villa's last 5 games this season are Bristol, DYS and Norwich. If they do crash the top 6 they really will have deserved it.

They will lose 3 points from the home game if Bolton are liquidated. They still have the away game to play......

God...hadn’t thought of that mac.
I agree Villa are strong but I’d back whichever of Norwich, Leeds or the Blades to beat them.
Can’t say I’d honestly fancy us against any of them. :(

When 1 of the 3 miss out it could be by GD!! To then regroup for the lottery of the play-offs ain't easy whereas the team(s) on a late run are on a high. Villa have a superb squad and in Grealish one of the top players in the league.
I don't fancy us against any team these days!!

From an outsiders view it does seem like Villa could beat any team home or away at the moment. I am assuming;

two of the play off places will be West Brom and Blades/Leeds

So if Villa carry on that will be another place taken.

So perm 1 from Boro, Preston, Rams, Brizzel, Wednesday, Forest. That looks like slim odds. Am I missing something here?

From an outsiders view it does seem like Villa could beat any team home or away at the moment. I am assuming;

two of the play off places will be West Brom and Blades/Leeds

So if Villa carry on that will be another place taken.

So perm 1 from Boro, Preston, Rams, Brizzel, Wednesday, Forest. That looks like slim odds. Am I missing something here?

Not missing anything, cropped. You’ve just reached much the same conclusion as me in #5 except that you’ve included Forest and that’s not ‘allowed’ on a Derby site. :shake:
The only other difference is, I reckon ‘Boro will collect more points and stay ahead of Villa...so ‘slim odds’ indeed for us but you never know.

LOL at mentioning 'that' team. I will learn ;)

Cropped me owd, Red Dogs, Tree Huggers, terms that are permitted. As is Florest or Florist and Red Dog Tree Scum. Some favour the term inbreds. You seem a decent chap and you will learn. Early days slips will be tolerated.

As N F Porter sang, keep on keeping on....

... I realise we are going a bit off topic here... lovin' the tune. And here's a question... at 1 minute 45 we see some terrific trousers. I remember these as Oxford Bags but some refer to them as Birmingham bags... what was the name for this striking attire in Derby?

Oh... back on topic. Derby 2 Rotherham 0 and both goals in the first 15 minutes.

Usually just Bags but when prefixed they were Oxford. Some people actually used a totally different prefix but that wouldn't pass the swear filter ;)

6-1. Nuff said. 8 games to go, 6 against bottom half sides plus games against Bristol and WBA. No disrespect to those bottom 6 sides, they won't be as easy as today's was BUT it's in our own hands. We ought to win those 6 "easier" games and will provided we take the opponents genuinely seriously. Anything less than full on and we could come a cropper.

Ewe Rams.

Latest Rams News