The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

We all complain about player power in the modern game, with claims that Ron Saunders or Graham Taylor wouldn't have put up with their nonsense. Yet when Bruce tries to stamp his authority and put Fat Ross in his place, people are backing the lazy waster because they don't like Bruce.
The stories of being a bad egg have been around from his Cardiff and Fulham days as well, so he cant blame that on us.
We don't know the full story, but if he lets the player win then he potentially loses control of others in the squad as well. The discipline in our squad has been a joke since around when McLeish left and we were forever making headlines for the wrong reasons. Bruce managed to get the balance of power back again which can only be good for the club going forward.

Ross did come to us with a a great scoring record but I would like to know who did the "signing" of players. Is it manager or senior management.
Who negotiates the salary package. Given the fact Bruce never played him did Bruce not want him. Its all stuff we as fans are never privy to.
I would also make the point that when he moved on no one in the English game came forward for him. With his record of scoring goals you would think that one manager out there would fancy a punt on him.

Ross did come to us with a a great scoring record but I would like to know who did the "signing" of players. Is it manager or senior management.
Who negotiates the salary package. Given the fact Bruce never played him did Bruce not want him. Its all stuff we as fans are never privy to.
I would also make the point that when he moved on no one in the English game came forward for him. With his record of scoring goals you would think that one manager out there would fancy a punt on him.

It was RDM who signed Ross and when Bruce first came in Ross was getting regular games.

If you look back, RDM had been knocked back on Kodjia and I think Ross was a panic buy at the end of the window. A couple of days after we got Kodjia as well.

It was a new regime at the time who all had limited time to get to grips with an extremely difficult environment. We all know now that the regime was making it up as they went along, but at the time a lot of people were extremely positive about our chances that season. In effect it was a quick win for the management team, spunk loads on new names and win the fans over. Seemed to work for about 10 games :eek!:

I looked at the Fulham forum and there were very few on there that were sorry to see him leave, the team had to accommodate him to there own detriment, but there was no suggestion of "bad character".

If Ross was a panic buy why the hell was BRUCE allowed to spend £15m on Hogan.
Is there a Bruce signing who has really proven his worth ?

You could make a case for a couple of his loan signings, but I can't think of anyone that he actually paid for - hard cash

If Ross was a panic buy why the hell was BRUCE allowed to spend £15m on Hogan.
Is there a Bruce signing who has really proven his worth ?
That was my point. Does the manager make the signings or was it a transfer committee or a football director or whoever.

I think he just bought players with no idea of a system of how to play them.
He got lucky last year with Snodgrass

Oh god not again.

Every few months this fat bell end rears his waste of space head.

Let's get this straight. If he wanted to knuckle down and get on with things at villa he would have done. He didnt want to so he didn't. He was a 12 million investment why would he just be written off by the club.

Interesting in his interview he doesn't elaborate on this supposed bigger thing that happened between him and Bruce. Hmmmm...Why is that then Fat boy? . What are you hiding ?. Why bring it up if you are not going to say.

Please Villa just sell him. I have never disliked a villa player as much as him

He was written off by a manager who's written off many other players for no apparent reason.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but the way it was handled strikes me as poor management.

He was written off by a manager who's written off many other players for no apparent reason.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but the way it was handled strikes me as poor management.

He wasn't written off for no apparent reason though was he.

Of course we don't know exactly . One reason we don't know, as confirmed in his interview, is because he won't say.
Why ?. What is so bad that he can't say?. If I was being painted unfairly as the bad guy I would want to set the record straight.

Although he has confirmed the gate thing which is quite frankly pathetic.

Whatever his relationship with Bruce was the fact remains that at no point did Ross Mccormack look fully fit or particularly interested in playing for Aston Villa. I find this to be unacceptable no matter how badly he got on with the manager.

I also don't think RDM wanted to sign him but the Dr wanted a big "marquee" transfer to show he was serious. If we'd just got Kodjia earlier on I doubt that mccormack would have joined.

Oh god not again.

Every few months this fat bell end rears his waste of space head.

Let's get this straight. If he wanted to knuckle down and get on with things at villa he would have done. He didnt want to so he didn't. He was a 12 million investment why would he just be written off by the club.

Interesting in his interview he doesn't elaborate on this supposed bigger thing that happened between him and Bruce. Hmmmm...Why is that then Fat boy? . What are you hiding ?. Why bring it up if you are not going to say.

Please Villa just sell him. I have never disliked a villa player as much as him

Still no chance of you changing you mind then ?

It's amazing that people are still posting in this thread - he is a total irrelevance!

*By the way, I can see the irony in my comment above, what with me also commenting in this thread :lol:

And another fing! (Ignoring the thread Nazi above :whist:).

If Bruce was the problem, well Bruce isn't here anymore. And he still hadn't come back to give it a go. So I guess it's now Smiths fault.

Or more likely the fat shit's reputation has been passed on to the new management team and they don't want to know him either.