The Ross McCormack Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Ross McCormack Thread

Saw this thread was bumped yesterday. Tried to avoid posting in it but I can't help myself.

He's a fat waster prick stealing a living in a tin pot pub league which in no way is an indication as to his suitability to come back into one of the most competitive leagues in world football and do a job for us His career is over. People are basing whether he could do job for us on what he was doing three years ago. He couldn't hack the championship now. He's finished.

The fat waster prick .

Saw this thread was bumped yesterday. Tried to avoid posting in it but I can't help myself.

He's a fat waster prick stealing a living in a tin pot pub league which in no way is an indication as to his suitability to come back into one of the most competitive leagues in world football and do a job for us His career is over. People are basing whether he could do job for us on what he was doing three years ago. He couldn't hack the championship now. He's finished.

The fat waster prick .

Just to clarify MD , you don't rate him ?

He makes me angry

Personally I'm more angry at Bruce - lost all his value the moment Bruce bombed him out. We should never have signed him in the first place, 29, known problems, difficult to integrate into the side. He scored goals for Fulham but they were bottom half at best.

I read the Fulham forum and they weren't sure about his value to the team. They were chuffed to get £12m.

Hopefully he’s sold in January and this thread dies quickly. Sick of seeing his name in the title at the top of this forum.

Fat waste of space, he’ll probably go off the rails and hit the bottle after his career if he hadn’t already.

The fat waster prick .

And aren't you basing your dislike on the way he was after he joined us, I'm thinking of your "fat waster" comment specifically.
He has now lost that extra weight, trimming down considerably, looking a lot leaner and fitter.
He still has a deep hunger to play football, he wouldn't travel half way around the world to get regular games otherwise.
I still think if we used him for the final year of his contract, we'd at least get some of the money back that he's cost us.
You can say anything you like about him as a human being but, he is a clever player.

Fat lazy alcho waste of space.

We all know the gate incident wasn't the first time he missed or was late for training.

If you are unprofessional it's perfectly reasonable for your boss to get the hump with you.

I'd imagine the 'something big' was another disciplinary issue, which is probably why he doesn't go into details.

We're so lucky to be shot of the waster.

So Ross being completley unproessional over a long stretch of time is now somehow Bruce's fault, just because Ross says it is?

Some people will believe anything.

Yet when Gabby blamed the manager I don't remember a lot of sympathy coming his way.

The trouble with Bruce was everything was black or white.

Some characters are more difficult to handle than others, but the sign of a good manager is finding a way of getting things to work.

I have managed a ex-professional footballer in the past and he certainly came with loads of baggage. However the business he brought me was massive and earned me a lot of money. It worked as I found a way of making it work, but both parties have to be committed to it.

I never saw examples of Bruce going down this route.

I will wait and see what he can do in a very average Scottish Premier league and I suspect the answer will be very little.

My beef is definitely with Bruce, not absolving McCormack from any blame for his part in it, but Bruce literally threw £12m in the bin.

If there was an issue between the both of them you sit them down and work out an exit strategy. Others within the regime at the time are just as culpable. With his wages it amounts to £20m over 4 years. The club as a whole needs to learn lessons from this episode.

Ross came to us with an incredible championship strike rate with 2 clubs yet it all went wrong at Villa under Bruce and we destroy him after what Bruce said.
some on here will be in the Bruce camp, which is strange after the way he managed us including the stick he got on here.
Yet Ross kept his gob shut and played where ever he was sent but many on here see him as the villain.
Another player not given a chance, like Tommy, Barney, landsbury and Hogan under Bruce.
All good players till they played for hoof ball negative Bruce.
funny how we judge people on word and mouth of the papers.