The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guys got 2 options. Either he knuckles down and starts performing to the standard he set in his first few games or his season fizzles out and he goes back to Chelsea having failed to establish himself.

The first option will either lead to us signing him, him getting a chance at Chelsea or getting a decent move elsewhere.

The second will see him being endlessly loaned out by Chelsea to the point where he basically becomes a Drinkwater style waste of space.

Its up to Ross Barkley which option he takes.

no way in this world should we pay £35 million for him if we do then we must be mad .he only cost £15 million when he went to chelsea he has never held a regular place there and has had the chance to impress some of the best managers in world football i fail to see where chelsea get that figure of £35 million from
he is a good player when he feels like it but he does not always feel like it .i think if we signed him he would be the next mich richards
i also think he could become a problem in the dressing room he seems to have a bad attitude and thinks he is the best player at villa and has the right to play
i would prefer to see us put the £35 million towards buying tammy as im guessing chelsea would want £50 million + for him been as wolves offerd £40 million a few seasons ago

I feel as though we're unwittingly living through a version of the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. The Ross Barkley playing these days bears only a superficial resemblance to the guy who helped Jack to put Liverpool to the sword.

I feel as though we're unwittingly living through a version of the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. The Ross Barkley playing these days bears only a superficial resemblance to the guy who helped Jack to put Liverpool to the sword.

Yes , he isn't the messiah is he ?

Ross Barkley plays for Ross Barkley. He plays like an immature, self centred teenager.

A bit of a cheesy thing to say, but he isn’t a team player. Yesterday, he put us in real danger on more than one occasion playing blind passes, and he also holds onto the ball or plays the wrong pass too often because I suspect he’s trying to take touches for his own stats.

We’ve given him a chance to get out of the doldrums at Chelsea, it was great for a couple of months, but he just isn’t right in the head for what we need.

He’ll find himself at a Fulham or Palace if he’s lucky, where he can do more show offy things and take more risks.

I really thought he might be something different here, I’m very disappointed it hasn’t worked out. Deano is fed up of him too, I suspect he’s a real bad egg for the changing room. He seems to lack energy in his personality as much as he does on the pitch, probably turns up to training on the dot one of those attitudes.

As soon as he came on last night we were playing with 10 men, I think the own goal that put us in the lead, smokescreens just what a negative impact this lazy arsed fecker brought to us and by God we were pretty crap prior to his arrival

Despite never being overly impressed when I’ve seen him play for Chelsea I thought taking him on loan could be a very good move last September. Career going nowhere at Chelsea, time to prove a few wrong and a great incentive to get his game back on track and possibly get in the frame for the Euros......what a load of bollocks that thought was! After impressing early on, he’s so off the pace now, I seriously think he’d struggle to perform in the championship let alone the Prem.

What could Ross Barkley achieve at Aston Villa that he hasn't already done?

Players like Cash, Konsa, McGinn and Watkins are achieving new highs in their careers and pushing on to see how far they can go.

Barkley has been here and done it a few times. He's made his millions. He's got England caps.

Some players like Messi and Ronaldo are footballing freaks. Players like Roy Keane want to win every match but they are the exception.

We've signed so many like Barkley down the years. I thought we had seen the last of these signings. Hopefully, Deano will learn his lesson.

Gave the fans and the team a much needed boost when he came but has now settled into showing what he really is, bone fucking idle.

He’s a millionaire that’s quite satisfied with his life in general for a guy that’s thick as mince. Beyond motivation by his coach or his team mates.

I said it a few weeks back, he can go now for all I care.

His loan is reminding me of another Chelsea loanee we had. Carlton Cole. Spectacular first few games then when his feet were under the table his performances dropped off. I remember after Coles first couple of games thinking we should sign him permanently asap, just like Barkley.

We've signed so many like Barkley down the years. I thought we had seen the last of these signings. Hopefully, Deano will learn his lesson.

Not one person thought the signing of Barkley was wrong so I don’t get the criticism of Smith for getting him in. Hindsight at its best working here .

Its not worked out which in my mind is purely down to the player , whether by him being abject or his clear physical issues .

Last edited:
His loan is reminding me of another Chelsea loanee we had. Carlton Cole. Spectacular first few games then when his feet were under the table his performances dropped off. I remember after Coles first couple of games thinking we should sign him permanently asap, just like Barkley.
I remember people wanting us to sign Josh Onomah after a few games as well, I kid you not they were raving about him, I never could see anything in him and so it's proved club after the club has dropped him after a few games.

What could Ross Barkley achieve at Aston Villa that he hasn't already done?

Players like Cash, Konsa, McGinn and Watkins are achieving new highs in their careers and pushing on to see how far they can go.

Barkley has been here and done it a few times. He's made his millions. He's got England caps.

Some players like Messi and Ronaldo are footballing freaks. Players like Roy Keane want to win every match but they are the exception.

I was very much of this mindset after signing many a has-been (Jenas springs to mind as he’s on tele every other day) or players who don’t really have any desire to improve - N’Zogbia was the one that really scarred me.

I though Barkley at 27 with a potential England place up for grabs would have been in a different bucket, as one who would come here, get back to his best and importantly for us, bring some desperately needed experience and quality.

I wouldn’t put us past him to start performing in April and May, when the weather gets a bit better and when the England call ups are nearing. He won’t get an England call up and we’ll be safe, so I hope Smith freezes him out. I’m not the biggest booer of players as I’ve got older, leave that to the kids - but I wouldn’t mind being in the stands to give him a few pelters when he’s subbed for another shit performance.

Barkley started really well and was a key player for us until his injury/ COVID. For one reason or another he hasn't got going since. He doesn't appear to be there mentally as well, seems to be going through the motions. It seems to me that he has checked out.

I really hope he does start performing in April/ May because that will only benefit us as there's a lot of quality there but we absolutely should not be signing him. Thankfully the club isn't as stupid as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.