The Robin Olsen Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Robin Olsen Thread

Thought he did ok last night. He didn’t have a lot to do but his distribution was decent. Good decision to give a EMI a day off.

I think a lot of the "heart in mouth" moments we're down to it simply bring Olsen not Emi making the pass. Emi would make yhe exact same pass but we now wouldn't be as bothered because we trust him.

I was expecting him to get some flack for their goal but upon replay Kamara had time and a different option but just completely fucked it up.

I think a lot of the "heart in mouth" moments we're down to it simply bring Olsen not Emi making the pass. Emi would make yhe exact same pass but we now wouldn't be as bothered because we trust him.

I was expecting him to get some flack for their goal but upon replay Kamara had time and a different option but just completely fucked it up.

Yeah I'm not an Olsen fan. But the goal last night wasn't down to him. TBF it was a pretty sublime finish.

I was like WTF when Olsen was named in goal but he looked calm and assured ( for a change) last night and apart from the brilliant finish for their goal, totally down to Kamara, he played out from the back really well. Still rather Emi lol but not the calamitous shit show most were expecting.
Obviously plaudits for Moreno and Diaby but was really impressed by Konsa and his growing comfort on the ball #centrehalfappreciationsociety

Obviously plaudits for Moreno and Diaby but was really impressed by Konsa and his growing comfort on the ball #centrehalfappreciationsociety
Konsa needs to cut out this flopping on the floor trying to buy a free kick every time he is touched. The ref buys it a few times then gets pissed off with him and waves play on, it will cost us big time at some point.

Konsa needs to cut out this flopping on the floor trying to buy a free kick every time he is touched. The ref buys it a few times then gets pissed off with him and waves play on, it will cost us big time at some point.
Yeah the "getting touched and going down" did not wash with this ref and he did let Duran off with a bookable by letting play go on....

I'm still annoyed that the crossbar and a magic forcefield on the goal line prevented what would surely be Olsens only assist for us. A great pass though.

Yeah I'm not an Olsen fan. But the goal last night wasn't down to him. TBF it was a pretty sublime finish.
I don’t blame him but I do think that goal is unlikely with Emi1. Olsen, like Konsa last year, has a habit of playing passes into players under pressure running toward our own goal.

I will say I did think Olsen generally looked way way better. Better distribution, calmer, more assured and overall better decision making.

I wish for his confidence he got the assist. I am much more inclined to give him a chance after that performance because there was clear improvement in all facets of his game.

Edit: I originally came here to post that I think he is better than a few keepers in the league. Foderinghan who replaced him is average enough. Trafford and Kaminski IMo aren’t great.

I don’t blame him but I do think that goal is unlikely with Emi1. Olsen, like Konsa last year, has a habit of playing passes into players under pressure running toward our own goal.

I will say I did think Olsen generally looked way way better. Better distribution, calmer, more assured and overall better decision making.

I wish for his confidence he got the assist. I am much more inclined to give him a chance after that performance because there was clear improvement in all facets of his game.

Edit: I originally came here to post that I think he is better than a few keepers in the league. Foderinghan who replaced him is average enough. Trafford and Kaminski IMo aren’t great.

Funny you should say this. I said to junior 1 that I think Olsen plays too many wrong balls when he plays. And I said that I swear Booby only makes these ricks when Olsen plays .