The retained list | Vital Football

The retained list

Surprised we are talking to Bridcutt presumed he would be off.

Lots of contracted players for next season but lots of young pros so it’s hard to predict how much budget we have available.

26 players under contract for next season.
Must be a record for the retained list ! How many will still be here in August though.

The decision is not to release any players other than those whose contract has expired and even then we're looking to retain two of them. That makes our squad 28 strong if those two stay- supported by loans, that's 32-33 strong squad for next season. Not sure, unless a shed load move out in the transfer window, we will see much more movement inwards on permanent deals. Interesting times!

The decision is not to release any players other than those whose contract has expired and even then we're looking to retain two of them. That makes our squad 28 strong if those two stay- supported by loans, that's 32-33 strong squad for next season. Not sure, unless a shed load move out in the transfer window, we will see much more movement inwards on permanent deals. Interesting times!
You can't release a player under contract. What you can do is have a discussion with the ones you don't want to keep, and I would bet what's left of my hair that a fair few of those conversations are about to take place.

Thinking about it there can’t be much budget left.

If the budget is the same as the start of last season we have only lost

Melbourne
Fiorini
Griffiths

Potentially

Bridcutt
Mcgrandles

I presume a few will be offered pay offs or asked if they can find a new club For free Transfers

We need to get rid of at least seven of these. Why we are in negotiations with Bridcutt is beyond me. Surprised Jackson still has time left on his contract. It is a relegation squad unless we can shift out loads of deadwood. Sell a few and reinvest. As previously discussed I will be putting on a relegation bet as soon as my bookie releases the odds in the hope I am wrong and we shift more than the seven I have identified.

Personally I think this is just the minimum official requirement, just because it hasn’t been officially stated am sure there will be players made available.

I think fairly happy with Jackson. Thought his contract would be up, and it might be hard to justify with Walsh too. But Jackson's issues have been a lot more freak with the concussions etc.

Slight eye roll at the Bridcutt situation though. Fine if we sign two players in his exact position to play all season I guess.

Thinking about it there can’t be much budget left.

If the budget is the same as the start of last season we have only lost

Melbourne
Fiorini
Griffiths

Potentially

Bridcutt
Mcgrandles

I presume a few will be offered pay offs or asked if they can find a new club For free Transfers
N’Lundulu
Longdon

John Marquis made 20 appearances for Lincoln, scoring 5 goals.

Max Melbourne made 35 appearances, scoring 1 goal - ironically a winner in stoppage time in his last game for the club.

N’Lundulu
Longdon

Not sure either were much money!

To be honest I think kennedy will want to see a few players in action but wouldn't be shocking if an adelakun type was out on loan with a wage contribution, those types would raise some wage budget for the season.

Maybe a few of the current crop have been transfer listed or told they are free to move on if they can get themselves sorted elsewhere.

For surprise to Bridcutt being in negotiations - there’s no clue to the sort of deal offered. Could be a pay as you play deal. Or the sort of deal we offered players like Muldoon when we got promoted to League 2.

We need to get rid of at least seven of these. Why we are in negotiations with Bridcutt is beyond me. Surprised Jackson still has time left on his contract. It is a relegation squad unless we can shift out loads of deadwood. Sell a few and reinvest. As previously discussed I will be putting on a relegation bet as soon as my bookie releases the odds in the hope I am wrong and we shift more than the seven I have identified.
That's the spirit mate 🙄

Would also be good business potentially if we could do something like what mk dons did with us and let a Walsh type go for a free maybe but they pick up the wages.

Thanks for that, you’ve right cheered me up!