The retained list 2019 | Vital Football

The retained list 2019

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
First-team squad players under contract: Scott Carson, Andre Wisdom, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Martyn Waghorn, Tom Lawrence, Florian Jozefzoon, Jack Marriott, Bradley Johnson, George Evans, Jacob Butterfield, Chris Martin, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, Nick Blackman, Duane Holmes, Max Lowe, Ikechi Anya, Curtis Davies, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell, Jayden Bogle, Luke Thomas, Max Bird, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Malone.

First-team squad players in discussion over new terms: Craig Bryson.

First-team squad players not currently offered new terms: Efe Ambrose, Alex Pearce, Ashley Cole, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson.

Based on personal opinion, knowledge and some rumour........

Carson will leave as he won't want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone.
Wilson will probably go. Definitely so if Bogle stays.
Forsyth has a year left on his contract. Most of that will be spent getting back to match fitness. Offer 50% and make him a free agent.
Johnson, rumours that he, Butterfield and Blackman have got a 1 year extension on lower wages as that is, somehow, good for FFP.
Martin will be out on loan again or in the Stands.
Anya. Will he be left out in the cold again or will he go, either sold or loaned out?
Davies, Same as Forsyth.
GT. If fit immense but we have to seriously doubt that he will get and stay fit. Shame.
Pearce has already signed a pre-contract with Millwall
Cole. I expect him to be back helping to coach the full backs and also registered to play as and when necessary.
Bryson. I think he would be better suited to a return to Scotland. If he stays I will back him 100%

I am not a great fan of Jozefzoon and would be happy to move him on. Good luck to Pearce, solid performer. I agree about Cole and Bryson. GT, what might have been! I hope we can move Martin and Anya on, it will help all round but one suspects that Martin in particular will put his bank account first!! Carson will likely go and I hope we can find a strong dominating GK, it would help our CB's!

I'm on the fence about Wisdom, not the greatest FB but useful cover across the defence! Shame about Forsyth, rotten luck for the lad, deserves better.

I'm on the fence about Wisdom, not the greatest FB but useful cover across the defence! Shame about Forsyth, rotten luck for the lad, deserves better.

What mystifies me about Wisdom is the decline...never looked half the player second time around as he was in ‘13-14.

What mystifies me about Wisdom is the decline...never looked half the player second time around as he was in ‘13-14.

Wisdom thinks he is a Premier League player (which he ain't!) but now finds himself playing with the rabble and he feels he can just coast along as this level is beneath him!!
But, of course, the Championship requires 100% commitment (ala Keogh) and until he gives that he will remain ordinary. I actually think he would do better in central defence which would be more demanding and could have a positive effect on him.

I have been informed by a usually reliable source that Wisdom is in need of surgery (not sure which body part needs attantion) and put it off until after the season due to the lack of RB/CH cover we had.

Apparently, we can expect news of his having had said surgery very soon.

Sounds familiar, I know injuries are inevitable but it seems we are particularly good at attracting those requiring the surgeons knife!!

He hasn't played much this season (18/19) but did in the 17/18 one so at least we got a season out of him first ;)

Latest Rams News