Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

My prediction:

18th Newcastle
19th West Ham
20th Bornemouth

If Carlesberg did relegations 🤞

A dream - it would take a few teams going on good runs to drag Newcastle into it though. We're also banking on Moyes being a total fuck up, Haller I think is a good CF its just a matter of time before he starts playing well I think.

A dream - it would take a few teams going on good runs to drag Newcastle into it though. We're also banking on Moyes being a total fuck up, Haller I think is a good CF its just a matter of time before he starts playing well I think.
West Ham have the worst run of all of us down there. The league would look a lot prettier without the likes of them in it next season. Terrible fans, terrible stadium, terrible owners, terrible squad. It could all come down to the last game of the season when we head down to stadio olympico and show them what claret and blue really means.

I think 4 wins will do it now as there's bound to be a few draws along the way too.

The worry is that so far we haven't beaten anyone in the top half of the table and in the last 14 games we play 9 teams currently in the top half. So really we have 5 'Cup Finals' and we need to be looking to win 4 of them.

Quite a tricky task. It's no wonder the bookies still have us as more likely to go down than Watford.

Current relegation odds -

Norwich - 1/10
Bournemouth - 10/11
Villa - 11/10
Watford - 9/4
West Ham - 5/2
Brighton - 4/1
Newcastle - 15/2

Norwich are gone I think so then it's 2 from the remaining 6 teams. Gonna go to the wire i think.

Current relegation odds -

Norwich - 1/10
Bournemouth - 10/11
Villa - 11/10
Watford - 9/4
West Ham - 5/2
Brighton - 4/1
Newcastle - 15/2

Norwich are gone I think so then it's 2 from the remaining 6 teams. Gonna go to the wire i think.
I don't think Watford or Newcastle will go down. Bournemouth always pull off a win against the bigger boys here and there too, I cant see them going down. My villa head would say West Ham and Brighton, but theres a very real chance it'll be us and west ham.

We simply have to win a couple of games against the odds like Burnley and Newcastle have, jammy boring negative teams that just hope for a set-piece winner. Which is not always a bad thing to do.

The first time we launched one against Watford in the 95 min we score the winner, 3 big CB's combine and we score. One thing is sure if you keep passing it around the back four and back to the keeper there is only one outcome a cock up and a resultant goal for the opposition. Time to mix it up a bit. We need to beat Bournemouth Newcastle or Everton away and win 3 at home and we'll be high and dry

Last edited:
There is still a lot of football left to be played. Injuries, suspensions, etc will play their part in this story too.

I think Norwich are gone and they will go down happy. Then it's two from five. Newcastle look safe to me.

West Ham look bad at the moment. They are going to have fun with 20k fans in a 66k stadium next season.

Looking at the fixtures coming up there are a few weekends when all the bottom 6 have to play each other.

The bottom can change very quickly. We have to make sure we do not lose to any of the teams around us if we can’t win starting with the Bournemouth game next week. A win there would be massive.

The Bournemouth game is massive. Win that and I can't see us being relegated. Lose it and we have an awful lot to do.

Anything below 36 points means relegation. 36 might be enough to stay up, and we need 3 wins and 2 draws to get there.

I think the only thing that will drag Newcastle in is if this lucky results streak ends. Just as we were unlucky these feckers have nothing but Jammy results

Watching the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal put in some very average performances over the past few weeks, when they all arrive at Villa Park over the next few months we really should go out and play against them with no fear whatsoever.....Man City and Liverpool in a completely different class but that lot at home.....perfectly capable of accumulating a decent few points if we can show the same levels of commitment etc as we have done in 3 of the last 4. Can’t afford any more Man Cityesque no shows between now and May but perform as we have done in patches this season with more consistency, we‘re capable of taking points off anyone.

West Ham have the worst run of all of us down there. The league would look a lot prettier without the likes of them in it next season. .

I don't know what it is but I've never liked them and I would be pissing myself if Moyes took them down after all his shite about being too good for a Championship team.

The Bournemouth game is massive. Win that and I can't see us being relegated. Lose it and we have an awful lot to do.

Totally agree - I for one am happy that Bournemouth won their last game and Callum Wilson scored. In all my years of supporting this great club one thing I've learned is we love letting teams win when they're in a rough patch and love it even more when their striker hasn't scored in months or even years. Diego Forlan anybody?

Both of us have just picked up a win so back to back for either club probably gives the momentum to push on. C'Mon Samatta!