Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

My brain is laughing at me for even contemplating 6 wins in 15.

My heart says 'Holte enders in the sky'.

agree on the supporting / not booing down at the Villa and on the road.

AND

LOL at the rest. It really is a mind feck football isn't it?!

It's gonna be tough for sure, but Leicester proved it ain't over til the fat lady sings. One good win could lead to another and so forth. The only write of is plop and they may not be too worried about us and take their foot off the gas. Score a late one and hang on for grim death. 🤞

If we don't pick up six points in our next 2 games it looks very grim. We have a fairly tough run in but some winnable games are there. It really looks like we'll have to take points against the odds for the majority of our final games.

a) I doubt six wins will be necessary
b) We have players (and a whole position in striker!) to come back
c) four or five wins and a few draws sounds a lot easier
d) Bournemouth look FUCKED
f) Between us and Everton there are only two teams in better form than us
g) We. Have. Jack. Fucking. Grealish.

We can bloody well do this.

4 pts from next two might be just ok but it's getting tight
(except for those on flights of fantasy)

a few results against those many 'free hits' / unbeatable teams wouldn't go amiss as would the addition of actual quality in the remaining dregs of this transfer window - live in hope suppose

a) I doubt six wins will be necessary

c) four or five wins and a few draws sounds a lot easier

We probably need about 16 points which means not losing about 50-60% of the games e.g. 4 wins and 4 draws. Manageable but certainly going to be a massive challenge.

Teams have stayed up with 6 / 7 wins to their name the problem is they had 10-15 draws. We already have six 6 wins its the lack of draws thats the issue.

It is around this point of the season that things fall into place. Last season we had no centre backs and then some came along. This season we have no centre forwards and we have now signed one. I can feel a 10 game winning streak coming on - nothing to worry about. 😉👍

Turning some of our losses into draws would help. More wins now than most others at the immediate bottom, but they have picked up more draws.

We can write the Liverpool game off, after that we need to beat some of the big guns , 2 away wins and at least 4 at home , certainly don’t want to go to West Ham depending on that result. Really do need a run of three or four wins on the trot .
The next week in the transfer window is so important, still like to see another forward , midfielder and wide player come in.
Have to hope late March time SJM might return, fingers crossed.