Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 90 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Does the city ruling affect FFP in the coming seasons maybe? Might help us in the chumps league.

No.

2019/20 FFP determination will take place at the end of the 2020/21 campaign, they'll roll both years together, so the advantage for us (if anything) is we can risk compliance next year as long as we gain promotion at the end of it.

Have I started drinking too early or am I the only one who thinks we'll win every game now until the end of the season.

And it still won't be enough.:cry:

Have I started drinking too early or am I the only one who thinks we'll win every game now until the end of the season.

And it still won't be enough.:cry:

Every goal we score between now and the end of the season will be a goal I didn't expect us to score.

Maybe I need to get the Old Raj open.

Why are we going down? It's because we got promoted with a team of elderly players, out of contract players and players on loan. This left us with no choice but to sign a dozen, cross our fingers and hope they gel. That never works. Ever.

Take heed and learn. We need to come back up with a settled squad. A squad in its prime or approaching it. No loans please. Sure, tammy and axel and snoddy etc did wonders but they left holes we can not fill. Any loan has to have an option to buy.

Learn from our mistakes.

35 games into the season and we still can't play as a team. How much more time is needed before we stop looking for excuses?

If we were in some kind of form, yeah absolutely. But winning two out of three games and then going to West Ham and beating them too with bloody Trezeguet and Neil Taylor? It's not going to happen.

Really appreciated your optimism though.

Stenny seems like he is you from a few games before ! 😁

If we play tomorrow as well as Bournemouth played tonight we will win. Bournemouth very unlucky and will take plenty of heart from that performance. Please can we deflate their spirits. Please!

If we play tomorrow as well as Bournemouth played tonight we will win. Bournemouth very unlucky and will take plenty of heart from that performance. Please can we deflate their spirits. Please!
Assuming (big assumption I know) that we secure the points against Everton, what is the best result for the Watford v West Ham game?

A draw keeps them both in the relegation mix while a loss for West Ham could mean a "winner takes all" showdown on the final day. A win for West Ham might mean they are safe and metaphorically "on the beach".

Too many variables to ponder, but it poses an interesting conundrum :hmmm:

Lots of permutations, but all in all, a draw is best which keeps us in position to overtake both Watford and West Ham if we magic a win tomorrow.

We need to win, it's as simple as that. It's a a matter of how badly we want it, Everton are in terrible form and we have already shown we can beat them.

If Arsenal had lost, their battle for a place in Europe would be most likely over by the time they play us at Villa Park (their next PL game), with rivals Wolves,Spurs and Sheffield It's all with very winnable home games beforehand. Now it is a must win game for Arsenal. This was important. This was bad!

If Arsenal had lost, their battle for a place in Europe would be most likely over by the time they play us at Villa Park (their next PL game), with rivals Wolves,Spurs and Sheffield It's all with very winnable home games beforehand. Now it is a must win game for Arsenal. This was important. This was bad!

They were pretty shite though to be honest they were worse than we were against Liverpool

Assuming (big assumption I know) that we secure the points against Everton, what is the best result for the Watford v West Ham game?

A draw keeps them both in the relegation mix while a loss for West Ham could mean a "winner takes all" showdown on the final day. A win for West Ham might mean they are safe and metaphorically "on the beach".

Too many variables to ponder, but it poses an interesting conundrum :hmmm:
Also the thought that man city won't bother too much at Watford what with the FA Cup and CL to think about.....
Either way we need snookers and Dennis Taylor glasses for Davis up front.

Yup, up to us to go out all guns blazing tonight and in the other remaining matches. If not, well, ..........

Last edited: