Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 76 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

This is my struggle. I always saw teams who gave a shit, it is - like you - what I grew up with and loving.

They don't care. That makes me wonder, after losing 'my' little place at Villa (and therefore my match day ritual and the 'it's what I do' stuff), and after this break, whether I should anymore. Especially with my feelings for the so called man who is our club captain after his pathetic antics.

You know you will mate.

does anyone else think that maybe we let jonathan kodjia leave too soon and just read that he went for free i know its a easier league to play in but he is doing the bizz 5 starts 4 goals
i also know he has injury problems but he is still a better player than samatta and i think if both were given the same amount of playing time
hen kodj would bag more goals and be a bigger threat
but again its shown we are pretty clueless in the transfer market maybe samatta will come good and become prolific in the championship lets hope so because i cant see wesley netting many in any league if we play him like we have been
Kodjia was garbage and was living off one good season for us, has done nothing since that first year

Kodjia was garbage and was living off one good season for us, has done nothing since that first year
I thought he was decent in our promotion season to be honest, 9 goals from mainly wide positions was pretty good, but he's never in a million years a premier league player.

He didn't look at the races at this level, not enough speed of thought and composure.

i think we should have give hutton and whelan 12 month contracts becase they would know how to see games out look how many points we gave away in the last 10 mins of games
I think Hutton has retired and we had already bought Guilbert anyway, plus he missed the last few months with injury so actually missed our run which got us promoted.

But agree Whelan was still a key member of the starting 11, he could have been kept on as a squad player for 12 months. The same for Adomah... is he any worse than Jota? At least he’d work 10 times harder if nothing else.

You know you will mate.

That's the trouble, it is in the blood! I will never not care. I can't escape it anyway, people tend to know me so anywhere I go it crops up, whether I like it or not. Went to the post office a few weeks back and before I could say what I want, the guy behind counter was asking if I thought we'd stay up! :rofl:

I think Hutton has retired and we had already bought Guilbert anyway, plus he missed the last few months with injury so actually missed our run which got us promoted.

But agree Whelan was still a key member of the starting 11, he could have been kept on as a squad player for 12 months. The same for Adomah... is he any worse than Jota? At least he’d work 10 times harder if nothing else.
None of them are good enough for the PL.

Final showdown with west ham and watford on final day maybe.
Only problem with that is, if we had 1 game to stay in the premier league.... and our opposition was the best team that powerleague could put together, id probably bet on the powerleague team.

Final showdown with west ham and watford on final day maybe.
Only problem with that is, if we had 1 game to stay in the premier league.... and our opposition was the best team that powerleague could put together, id probably bet on the powerleague team.

Not the Power League teams I used to play again, Christ even I almost scored.

THIS is THE game now for us in my opinion. Win that, hope for Watford feck up, fine, we have a chance.

Sunday 12th July 2020
PREMIER LEAGUE
  • Aston Villa...Crystal Palace
How many times have we kidded ourselves over winnable games.
We are living in a claret n blue fools paradise.

Let's hope this relegation when it inevitably happens will be a wake up call to our owners who have trusted their massive investment to a load of incompetents.

I think it will be a wake up call. They will realise that there is no point spunking money into this and start looking for buyers. They don't seem very interested. I don't really know what this club is trying to achieve anymore.

How many times have we kidded ourselves over winnable games.
We are living in a claret n blue fools paradise.

to be fair mate, not that many for me, I've been miserable all season! But fact does remain, if we have any chance....... and so on.

But then, as you are rightly saying, there were others, namely the Sheff Utd and the Newcastle games that would have helped ease the fears.

I don't see anything v Man Utd, which doesn't take a genius really. Palace, I doubt because I think we've been tame since our return, results agree with me even though some members here don't... then Everton, never know with them, but they are better than us generally. Arsenal don't set the world alight but we rarely trouble them and I'm going for a cup of tea now!!!!!!!!!!!!