Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 59 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Total bollocks as per from Keane. Another who proves that just because you were a great player doesn't mean you know anything about the game. Terrible manager, crap pundit who relies on being "controversial", awful human who I doubt has ever had a single moment in his life where he's experienced joy.

Does not shock me at all that he'd find it weird that Jack Grealish, a born Villa fan would be enjoying playing for Villa after 3 months. Can't say for certain but I'd hazard a guess that most who'd agree with him here would be complaining about Jack sulking if he played looking pissed off.

Total bollocks as per from Keane. Another who proves that just because you were a great player doesn't mean you know anything about the game. Terrible manager, crap pundit who relies on being "controversial", awful human who I doubt has ever had a single moment in his life where he's experienced joy.

Does not shock me at all that he'd find it weird that Jack Grealish, a born Villa fan would be enjoying playing for Villa after 3 months. Can't say for certain but I'd hazard a guess that most who'd agree with him here would be complaining about Jack sulking if he played looking pissed off.

The guy is a total arse. From memory he had a disastrous spell as assistant under Lambert which only lasted a couple of months before he was sacked (or “resigned”) & in that time he tried to block Grealish’s development so he obviously has an issue with him personally, and probably most modern players to be fair based on other comments which is probably a major reason why his coaching career failed.

Agree there is nothing special about his punditry, he just criticises everything. It’s not “saying it as it is” either, it’s slagging everything off, nothing remotely interesting or clever about it. Again, if that’s his attitude no wonder he never progressed on the management side.

Jack is clearly a player who thrives off his enjoyment of the game and just because he isn’t miserable doesn’t mean he doesn’t care, probably the opposite in fact. I’d also say having a positive attitude is absolutely crucial because if they’re all terrified or nervous of being on the pitch or don’t want to be there then psychologically they’ve lost the game before it’s even began which is even worse.

I would've tended to agree over all about the fire and desire (not the JG nonsense), but he's just said Norwich are trying to win tonight and they don't look even a quarter of the side we were on Wednesday night - yet apparently the lack of a crowd and sharpness is an excuse for them.

I would've tended to agree over all about the fire and desire (not the JG nonsense), but he's just said Norwich are trying to win tonight and they don't look even a quarter of the side we were on Wednesday night - yet apparently the lack of a crowd and sharpness is an excuse for them.
Jack is one of the few who do give a damn, but I have to agree with Pride and JF,
on the whole we dont have the grit for a fight.

Roy Keane is one hundred percent correct. I'm still mystified how some perceived that as acceptable on weds given our predicament.

Bang on about Keane's pundit skills all you like. He was a winner, a leader. I would love to see him let loose at our go through the motion players and manager.

That's why mighty tough true grit Sheffield had no trouble rolling us over .... oh
If the goal they scored, but they were denied had counted, then maybe they would have done, but in any event it was a no show by Sheffield and we still never looked like scoring.

I also tend to agree with Keane. I asked the question after the game do our players want to be Premiership or Championship players. It's a question that shouldn't need asking because the performance should make it clear what the answer is. Unfortunately I don't think we can say that.

Southampton doing us a favour beating Norwich. Have to say still think we're doomed after hearing Dean's Chelsea pre match comments. He seems to think things are fine. I disagree, I hope he's right.

I think he has to put a positive spin on it? He is hardly likely to say we are not quite good enough? Im not sure that would inspire the players.

Roy Keane is one hundred percent correct. I'm still mystified how some perceived that as acceptable on weds given our predicament.

Bang on about Keane's pundit skills all you like. He was a winner, a leader. I would love to see him let loose at our go through the motion players and manager.

Yes, all a bit baffling about the acceptance of that tame showing.

I quite like how he riles the steadier and pc pundits and just says what he thinks I must say!

It's not the same though is it, the penalty(s) would have to be taken, the goal clearly went over the line, no dispute, if VAR had done what is was brought in to do the goal would 100% of stood.

Yes. One is a fact , the other is interpretation. It made the perception of our performance skewed in my humble .

You take your luck but it was a travesty for Sheffield united just like it was a travesty for us at Palace . We were utter shite at Palace as well.
As @JuanPabloAngel will tell you things will even themselves out over a season.

Yes. One is a fact , the other is interpretation. It made the perception of our performance skewed in my humble .

You take your luck but it was a travesty for Sheffield united just like it was a travesty for us at Palace . We were utter shite at Palace as well.
As @JuanPabloAngel will tell you things will even themselves out over a season.

Although your slating of Kevin Friend was funny.