The Referees Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Referees Thread

Really truly f*****

As well as Dean, Jonathan Moss and Martin Atkinson have also retired from refereeing Premier League matches. Moss and Atkinson are moving upstairs, taking up Select Group 1 management and coaching roles respectively. Kevin Friend is likewise hanging up his whistle to take over a newly-created position as manager of the Select Group 2 officials, who referee matches in the Championship.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...signing-deal-dedicated-VAR-official-next.html

Howard Webb is coming back from USA to head up the PGMOL at a date to be confirmed.
More jobs for the boys.

I think a few officials will be smiling when they check their bank balances tonight.

It's the thing that gets me, I know there is no way certain clubs line officials pockets - it's just too way obvious a scam. But every single match day for as long as I now remember, why is there always one game across all the fixtures that makes you think it.

Really does make you wonder….just seen the West Ham decision….would that have been given at the other end if Chelsea had equalised? Doubt it. Newcastle disallowed goal is another joke and guess what Lee Mason was on VAR…a useless referee and now supposedly in charge of VAR. Utter shambles!

The technology is there to do the job. If an official clearly makes the wrong decissiion they should be suspended, an investigation held and the official made to explain their decision. If they got it wrong they should make a public apology and be forced to meet with the chairman of the wronged club.

The second time it happens they should be dismissed.
Just to be clear I'm talking VAR here where there should be no excus for a wrong decision
This approach would soon improve standards

Riley goes at Christmas by all accounts and Howard Webb takes over….the sooner the better. Riley has been utterly useless but as I’ve said for years how he got the gig in the first place when he’d been one of the weakest and inconsistent refs going, is baffling. Same with Lee Mason, now head of VAR…completely useless as a ref…and yesterday was on VAR at Newcastle and getting it horribly wrong! At least Webb was a half decent ref and seems to have some authority about him…he’ll need it trying to knock this shower into shape!