The Referees Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Referees Thread

I’m sure the black referee Sam Allison was reffing the Coventry v blues game last week and I commented to my gf how unusual it is to see a black referee, I didn’t realise how unusual until I read that earlier, first black ref in the prem since Uriah rennie is nuts.

As for the woman, if she’s good enough it don’t really matter what sex she is, what we need more then diversity is quality refereeing so hopefully she’s up to it.

I’m sure the black referee Sam Allison was reffing the Coventry v blues game last week and I commented to my gf how unusual it is to see a black referee, I didn’t realise how unusual until I read that earlier, first black ref in the prem since Uriah rennie is nuts.
Didn't get his name, but yes he was black. Had a good game.

And there is the problem. It wont matter how good or bad they are all the talk will be that he is black or she is a female. Just let them get on with it and give them the same praise or abuse as all the rest.

I actually think a good female ref could be the answer. I can't imagine players swarming around her when they are unhappy or laying hands on her as we saw recently when Ci£y didn't get that call vs Spurs. There would be uproar if sportsmen circled a woman like that and it could help cut out this abhorrent behaviour

And there is the problem. It wont matter how good or bad they are all the talk will be that he is black or she is a female. Just let them get on with it and give them the same praise or abuse as all the rest.
Yup. A bad ref is a bad ref whatever or whoever they maybe. I presume they are all trained the same way and that is the root of the problem.

Personally I'm getting sick of people mentioning colour or genda
If your good enough your good enough, period.