The 'Recommend a Player' Thread | Vital Football

The 'Recommend a Player' Thread

AbelBFC

Vital Football Legend
Been a good thread this in previous years.

Recommend a player you think it is worth us looking at this coming summer.

I'll get the ball rolling with Luke Steele of Bristol City. Out of contract in the summer. A good experienced keeper (will turn 34 early next season). Not been first choice at Ashton Gate so I expect he will go - will probably want one last crack at first team football. Over 300 appearances under his belt. Think he might have been linked to us in the past. Worth a look if Lumley is a no?

Second recommendation is Jordan Graham of Wolves, a right winger. 23 years old and out of contract at Molineux in the summer and will probably get released - he's hardly had a look in there. Started at Villa and has had various loan spells without really establishing himself anywhere. Strikes me as the sort of player GB could really develop?

Next up is Hiram Boateng of Exeter. Out of contract in summer but under 24 so a small fee would be required (only been with the Grecians for a year). Bit of an all rounder: can sit deep but equally comfortable in getting forward and good on the ball. 7 assists this season. Watch him in the League Two playoffs and see what you think.

Nicky Law from Bradford is a versatile and experienced midfielder who would be worth a look too. Out of contract there he might be tempted to look elsewhere with things not exactly peachy there. 5 assists this season.

Luke Hyam of Ipswich. Centre mid. Product of their youth system. Solid centre mid. Out of contract in the summer, although they do have a year's option on him.

Been a good thread this in previous years.

Recommend a player you think it is worth us looking at this coming summer.

I'll get the ball rolling with Luke Steele of Bristol City. Out of contract in the summer. A good experienced keeper (will turn 34 early next season). Not been first choice at Ashton Gate so I expect he will go - will probably want one last crack at first team football. Over 300 appearances under his belt. Think he might have been linked to us in the past. Worth a look if Lumley is a no?
Just to add that he does have a year's option.

Kadeem Harris of Cardiff. Winger. Broke onto the scene as a youngster at Wycombe and drew lots of interest. Not really kicked on at Cardiff and hardly had a look in under Warnock this season, but then he's not really his sort of player. If Cardiff go up this weekend you expect he will be shown the door. Still only 24 and has upside that Bowyer could tap in to. Would be a available on a free.

Mark Howard is a keeper who has previously been on our books. Experienced 30 year old. You'd imagine he will be shown the door at Bolton this summer.

Josh Wright was linked to us a few years ago. Now 28 and been around a bit. Still a decent player and likes to get his foot on the ball. Southend do have a year's option on him but he's only played around half their games this season.

Connor Grant. 23 years old. Centre mid. Come through ranks at Everton but going to be released in the summer. Had various loan spells away from Goodison - currently at Crewe and we have picked up a few players from there!

Joe Rothwell. Was on loan with us when Clarke was gaffer I think. 23 years old so a small fee would be involved. Centre mid. Comfortable on the ball. Scored 5 times for Oxford this season.

Jamie Hanson of Derby. Versatile: can play centre half or defensive mid. Would need Derby to release him as only 22 and been there for years - compensation could be prohibitive.

Paul Digby of Mansfield. Will probably get released in the summer. Can play a few positions but primarily a centre half. Only 23 so could be developed. I think he's a better player than the one who's played for the Stags this season.

Jordan Willis of Coventry has been linked before. Defender. 23 years old. Come through their youth ranks and been a regular. Out of contract in the summer. If they go up he'll probably stay. If they don't he might choose to move on. One to watch in the playoffs.

Shaq Coulthirst of Barnet. 23. Been around a bit. Will surely leave if they go down. Bit of pace, bit of power. Bagged 10 goals for them this season.

Scott Wooton at MK Dons. Birkenhead lad and had good grounding as a youngster at United. Can play a few positions at the back. Only 26 so best years ahead of him?

Ross Wallace. Out of contract in the summer. Wide man. Great set pieces and delivery. Are his best days behind him though?

Jamie Mackie. Versatile frontman. Real grafter. Had a few injury problems so best days may be behind him. Out of contract in the summer.