The really interesting WEATHER thread | Vital Football

The really interesting WEATHER thread

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
So much talk of the weather around Witton lane I thought I might as well make a special thread to all things weather based.....

Surprisingly it is raining again today: apparently we are supposed to have a month's rain in 2 days according to the news over the next 2 days

So far this week I have heard the phrase "a months rain in a day" 5 times on different days.

Does that mean we've had 5 months rain in the past week? If so, why aren't we completely under water by now?

Also, when they use that phrase which month do they mean?

"A months worth of rain" if taking August as your month ain't really much is it?

whereas if you take March or April as your month then it's going to be a lot more.

Can't they just say we're expecting so many millimetes of rain? When did volume start getting measured in months?

"My trousers are feeling a bit tight... I think I've put on a months worth of weight recently"

Like your point Deano. That said, the UK does seem to be getting a hell of a lot of rain - after they announced a hosepipe ban....Lol

DeanoVilla - 6/7/2012 09:50

Also, when they use that phrase which month do they mean?

"A months worth of rain" if taking August as your month ain't really much is it?

whereas if you take March or April as your month then it's going to be a lot more.

Can't they just say we're expecting so many millimetes of rain? When did volume start getting measured in months?

"My trousers are feeling a bit tight... I think I've put on a months worth of weight recently"

July Deano . Average rainfall for July is 56mm, today we could have 60mm.

Not that I 'm sad or anything !!!!!

I'm saying this really quietly but it is dry here ATM. No sun of course, but I'll take dry.

I am in deep shock: The sun is out this evening. We have blue skies: How long for is a betting question. Thank you Wurzel for passing us the dry weather

c**ting weather, the sun is out now, the most pointless time of the day possible.

I went out for a hour earlier this morning and it was hot, blue sky but with some clouds coming over. I got back to my hotel and within 20 minutes, the heavens opened and I mean OPENED. 3 hours later and it's bone dry again....Lol

Apparently we are in for weather like this until September...

Today it is cloudy though dry atm

Been in the garden for a couple of hours. Had lunch on the decking, then have been cutting bushes/trees back. Still hot and sunny now, in Great Barr. I may go back out later.