The REALLY Interesting Thread - Innit | Page 296 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting Thread - Innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This now makes it 5 hrs since I last had a proper fag. Admittedly I'm using a vape, but I've only had 10 plays with it.

That's pleasing progress for me.

I'm probably now going to ruin it by celebrating a good productive day with a couple of cans.

This now makes it 5 hrs since I last had a proper fag. Admittedly I'm using a vape, but I've only had 10 plays with it.

That's pleasing progress for me.

I'm probably now going to ruin it by celebrating a good productive day with a couple of cans.

I'm trying to get into the vaping full time and kick the smokes, don't know why it's taking so long, there was days where I was up early, used the vape pen almost all day, didn't even think about smoking, and then around 9pm having a "proper" for no real reason, and feeling shitty after it.

Just have to keep going I think dude and not get wound up on a perceived failure. It's actually taken me 12+ months to find a vape that suits me and satisfies. My only problem so far is taking a single drag and then 'firing it' back up again 5/15 mins later when it goes to sleep mode as that's obviously a change from 'finishing' the cig.

I'm going to have another proper one tonight I already know it, but I'm looking at it as at least 6 hrs progress, rather than a failure when I go back. If I can match 6 or do better tomorrow, I'll be delighted.

A straight quit is the aim, but this has to be progress even if not 100% perfect lol

Very true Mike, I suppose I have being making progress over the years with not smoking very much any more throughout the day.

It's just with a few drinks I'm like a chimney! Maybe I need to drink less first, lol.

What helps now is I drink alone because I've got no friends!

100.webp

Yeah, I was an avid reader in there. It's why I think my best bet is rather than cold turkey (which I've tried and failed at before), just go with the slowly approach as even if I only get half way (so to speak) that's still better in my mind, even if not perfect.

I wouldn't change a lot about my life, despite the ups and downs, but taking that first drag is something I wish I could've slapped me out of, before it happened.

Not that anyone cares lol, I still daftly enjoy it but this is where finding the right vape I think could be key, as it's not all or nothing.

In a sensible world the fag companies would be forced to remove the nicotine and the crap and they'd slowly disappear as a thing, but tax and all that! So pleased with vapes they are now removing the flavours and all that crap to stop the next generation taking them up.

They are a quit aid, not a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.