The REALLY Interesting thread - FEAR is only in the mind | Page 19 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting thread - FEAR is only in the mind

Well played Sir Den.

Is there a limit on how many times you can donate? I've never donated, but kind of feel I should. In fact I'm gonna say now the next time I see one of those 'drop-in' lorries I'm gonna do it. Definitely.

It's people like sirdennis who save the lives of people like me.

so there is always a downside to blood donations...!

Goooooooooooooood morning Vital Villans :18:

Quite unusually I've nearly finished my cleaning and it's not even Saturday morning.

Later I have a very important meeting with little Buddy man and not long after (don't tell anyone as I'm not going to take the publicity) I'm going to win the Euro lottery superdraw.

DeanoVilla - 6/11/2015 10:00

Well played Sir Den.

Is there a limit on how many times you can donate? I've never donated, but kind of feel I should. In fact I'm gonna say now the next time I see one of those 'drop-in' lorries I'm gonna do it. Definitely.

There is an age limit I think but not a number.

In fact I have signed up to do them every 3 months instead of every 4 as part of a trial they are carrying out.

I was also tested for platelet donation but for some reason I wasn't deemed suitable.

Still not seen any rain personally, but there is some around the Jogya area. Indeed they have had some rain at Jogya airport, where a plane landed and then slid off the runway as we've had no rain for 6 months and therefore the roads/runway is very slippy.

No injuries were reported.

They won't take my blood because I've had transfusions.

So be it... At least I asked! :17:

If I donate and they find anything 'dodgy' do they tell you?

So basically it's a free health check and I get a biscuit?

DeanoVilla - 6/11/2015 12:02

If I donate and they find anything 'dodgy' do they tell you?

So basically it's a free health check and I get a biscuit?

Yes they test it for all sorts.

Chocolate bars , biscuits , apples , bananas and crisps along with tea and coffee all available today.

Had my bloods done this morning would love to say it was claret & blue but it was more of a brown colour with a bit what looked like cream on the top the woman who took my bloods called me John Smith for some reason.

From today's paper - 'The gory forecast comes as weathermen warn Britain could be just weeks away from a major change to colder weather.'

That'll be Winter then?

Yep read this myself. A weather bomb on the way from the Atlantic. They said it could be so bad they might give it a name.